Purpose of the Position
The Trade Compliance internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate’s career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Service Market Logistics by working on projects for the Customs Trade Export Control Americas group. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group Service Market Logistics.
- During the internship, the student will remain engaged and fully supportive of NA CTEC’s strategic objectives.
- Successfully complete scheduled training regarding basic importing, exporting, classification and compliance topics.
- Assist NA CTEC, Master Data Classification with any necessary projects and day to day operational activities.
- Assist NA CTEC, Master Data Country of Origin with relevant projects, research and day to day activities.
- Assist NA CTEC, Master Data and 3pl with related audits, technical research support, and related projects.
- Weekly Writing Assignments: Brief written summaries of the learning experiences and project updates may be required.
- Project Presentations: Formal project presentations may be required to be presented to peers, management, and senior leaders within the organization.
- Performance Feedback: Throughout the entire experience, the manager will provide verbal and written feedback on work performance. At the end of the internship, each intern will be given a formal written evaluation based on their work performance.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business Administration, International Business / Studies, or a related field, at an accredited school
- Applicants should be interested in pursuing a professional career in International Business with a specific interest in Importing, Exporting, or Trade Compliance
- Applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Effective professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer Service
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Ability to work remote
- This internship will require up to 30 hours per week during the Fall 2021 semester, with the specific working schedule to be agreed upon with the hiring manager.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.