This is an incredible opportunity to gain real world knowledge, putting logistics concepts to practice. The paid internship position will be working collaboratively, supporting analysis and improvement initiatives with the Transport Operations and Service Center Group located in Byhalia, MS. The intern will be responsible for working with various functional areas that span the Order to Delivery process, supporting activities including, but not limited to improving visual management through a Volvo Production System (VPS), Process mapping, generating and improving current supporting documents, performance indicator report analysis and improving training documents.
The internship role provides the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the student’s career goals through contact with professionals in the field of study. The internship experience enables participation in professional activities for Volvo Group Service Market Logistics by working on projects for the Service Center team. The Intern position is a structured learning experience which includes working with Volvo professionals on projects within the organization. The internship allows for the integration of knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the incumbent and Volvo Group Service Market Logistics.
- Update, organize, and Create Delivery Support documents that are used to support daily operations
- Handle research and data collection, system documentation updates and presentation document creation/updates
- Coordinate process mapping, time study and/or value stream mapping activities
- Assist with the assessment of performance indicator data records
- Support Service Center project activities
- Complete weekly writing assignments
- Conduct project-related presentations
- Collaborate with the team for continuous improvement projects
Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Interns work less than 30 hours per week
- Must be enrolled in academic courses as a full-time student
- Must be in good academic standing with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.0
- Strong communication skills
Skills and Competencies:
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel (logic, lookup, reference formulas and visual basic), Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Visio
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI preferred
- Ability to learn transport management systems and meet tight project timelines
- A self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see the "big picture" and apply lean concepts to an office setting
- Demonstrates strong analytical and effective problem solving skills
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.