- Manage activities related to carriers and suppliers compliance
- Utilize data analytics to support customers and production plants new transport lanes support
- Support the Logistics Engineers and Data Management Specialists in their day-to-day activities
- Support Continuous Improvement Activities
- Analyze key components of the supply chain (carriers, transport set-ups, spend, etc.)
- Participate in supplier / customer and internal team meetings
- Internships are offered in each of the following Supply Chain Optimization Departments
- Data Management
- Logistics Engineering
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree (All fields are welcome to apply, different perspectives are essential for success.) The degree must be at an accredited school and the applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Analytical skills
- Business case development
- Project management
- Soft Skills
- Relationship skills (interpersonal/relationship)
- Self-motivated, taking initiative
- Team interaction
- Problem solving
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
This internship will require up to 30 hours per week during the Spring 2021 semester, with the specific working schedule to be agreed upon with the hiring manager.
Note: Interns will be expected to spend as much of their internship time as possible working in the office. However, due to the unpredictable nature of the ongoing pandemic, the manager may approve the intern to work a portion of their time from home if required.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.