As the Supplier Quality & Development Project Manager, Field Quality for Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) North America, you are responsible for managing and driving improvements in field quality including regulatory issues, issues that involve suppliers and their products, working cross-functionally to investigate, address, and report these issues. You will be responsible for driving the problem-solving process that will address the field quality issues with speed and accountability to provide robust solutions to Volvo Truck and Mack customers. You will control the overall progress and status of all the problem-solving initiatives involving GTP and drive field quality awareness in GTP North America.
You will also promote a strong collaboration between Supplier Development and the rest of Supplier Quality & Development (SQ&D) North America, GTP, Group Trucks Technology (GTT), and Group Trucks Operations (GTO), thereby capitalizing on global knowledge and competence sharing within the organization. You will report to the Manager of Supplier Development North America.
As the SQ&D Project Manager, Field Quality you will support all activities that ensure that issues are investigated and reported to regulatory authorities, as per the applicable legislation, in the timely and confidential manner that these topics require. With your strong technical background, knowledge of manufacturing process, and network within GTP and the supplier base, you will be able to provide accurate information and direction to the field issues under investigation.
- Manage and drive necessary actions to ensure that field quality is addressed and GTP North America (GTP NA) deliverables and results are met
- Represent GTP NA in Safety and Regulatory Issues
- Entry point of contact for regulatory/safety investigations that potentially impact suppliers or supplier quality with Regulatory Affairs/Legal/Q&CS
- Secure investigation, action plans, and reports of field quality related issues towards buyers and Supplier Quality Engineers (SQE's)
- Manage the supplier relationship and any communication related to the identified issues
- Secure information to GTP NA management of actions and issues which require their attention and support
- Primary contact within GTP NA to lead and secure external campaigns (service campaigns and recalls) making sure actions and solutions are prioritized with customer focus
- Represent GTP NA in field quality meetings
- Steer GTP NA field quality meetings, reporting status, roadblocks and risks, as well as requesting management support to drive improvements in the field quality area
- Manage the Quality Journal (QJ) and Quality Solving Process (QSP) and track its KPI's within GTP NA
- Primary contact within GTP NA for Supplier Warranty Recovery, tracking and communicating results and driving improvements
- Leverage the SQ&D strategic line and regional networks to support GTP, GTT, and GTO in field quality issues with knowledge and expertise, prioritizing customer focus
- Work closely with Supplier Quality Engineers and Buyers to understand roadblocks and current actions, and identify what is needed to remove roadblocks
- Strong understanding of the entire supply chain process within a manufacturing environment, some level of Quality background is also preferred
- Automotive or heavy trucking industry experience is required
- Strong problem solving, project management, communication, and teamwork skills
- Strong continuous improvement and zero defect mindset
- University degree in Engineering or Supply Chain is an advantage
- Act with strong sense of urgency and commitment
- Able to handle uncertainty and the unexpected
- Face problems and act quickly and directly
- Able to handle unfamiliar tasks, using previous experiences
- Ability to multitask and manage workload efficiently and effectively
- Ability to drive a sense of urgency to suppliers focused on information, communication, and results
- Provide direct & actionable feedback.
- Be customer focused
- Provide timely information for accurate decisions
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Able to execute in a complex regional organization
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.