As a Product Architect, you will have the opportunity to impact the future of our business by being involved in the design and development of new products. This role requires someone who thinks outside the box and is willing to push beyond current known limitations.
This position will drive several complex technology development projects with multiple objectives towards a significant business impact.
Specific tasks include:
- Develop a vision for the strategic applications, identify the critical targets for competitiveness
- Lead cross-functional teams effectively, with both internal and external resources, with result driven attitude
- Management of innovative projects, delivering a complete vehicle transport solution for virtual and/or physical demonstration
- Balance features and systems performance to achieve project goals
- Identify systems and architecture decisions to be achieved during project and prepare for decisions with facts and clearly defined alternatives
- Integrate project activities with Platform Team, identifying critical architecture areas where change is required
- Anticipate and draft product variation - together with Platform Team - to cover the applications selected and anticipate impact on industrial and aftermarket operations
- Master's degree in engineering
- 8-12+ years of experience in product development project management experience, especially in Advance Engineering and project conceptual phases
- Highly knowledgeable in relevant technology stream
- Entrepreneurial spirit and goal orientation a must
- Strong communication skills, ability to explain and discuss complex problems and break them down into solvable steps
- Capable of building good relations in collaboration with both internal and external parties
- Understand the customer needs and how the project results will be used and managed by the receiving organization and/or end customer
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to effectively solve complex problem together with your colleagues
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.