We are currently looking for a student to work with our Durability and Reliability Testing Team (D&R) as a Test Engineer and Analyst for Summer 2022. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of validation and verification engineering. As a valued member of the Durability and Reliability Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with product engineering and experienced D&R Test Engineers. This position will also involve some exposure to the virtual testing methods used within the Durability Engineering domain and assist experienced simulation and analysis engineers with post processing work related to these methods. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Durability and Reliability group manager.
- Perform test requests with guidance of more experienced engineers
- Call and attend meeting with test stake holders regarding assigned test requests
- Write work planner and set-up data acquisition
- Report generation and data analysis
- Assist with test scheduling and status updates
- Execution of test methods and post-processing techniques
- Improvement of current test rigs and instrumentation as required
- Fixture / Rig design (CAD) to support test requests
- Attention to detail required when planning and executing test requests. What factors are important, what factors can be controlled, what is desired from test requests, what can be delivered to requestor, etc.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive response to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op/internship.
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours per week during the summer
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Proficiency in CAD (PTC Creo or Catia/ProE preferred)
- Proficiency in Python or similar program is desired, but not required
- Experience with any R&D testing(lab setting, extracurricular teams, previous Internships, etc.) is a plus
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.