Mission/purpose of the Job
The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational, health and safety guidelines. The goal will be to always ensure a safe working environment and prevent work-related injuries.
- Plan and implement Occupational Health and Safety policies and programs
- Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics
- Maintain monthly calendar to ensure timely completion of regulatory requirements
- Conduct risk assessments, including safety audits, safety inspections, job hazard analysis, etc.
- Oversee repair, installation, and work to prevent injury and ensure employee safety
- Lead incident investigation process on all injuries and near misses to determine root cause and needed corrective action
- Prepare and communicate safety metrics as needed
- Develop safety topics, facilitate safety meetings, and provide ongoing safety instruction
- Maintain awareness of current and proposed OSHA regulatory requirements and industry best practices to determine impact on business, and communicate as needed
- Maintain effective relationships with union representatives to drive the safety culture and to implement safety requirements as per contractual agreement
- Assist with Safety review of new projects or equipment modification
- Provide effective safety training as needed to meet regulatory requirements
Fulfillment of operational KPI’s - Safety metrics to include:
- Reported accidents, incidents, near misses and good catches
- Completed safety audits and inspections
- Safety training completed
- Corrective actions completed
- Lost Time Injury rate
- OSHA Recordable injury rate
Essential educational and/or training qualifications and certificates
- Associates degree or work equivalent
- 3-5 years safety experience, preferably in an industrial manufacturing or warehouse/distribution environment
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety regulations that impact manufacturing and distribution environments
- Experience with writing health and safety policies and procedures
- Outstanding organizational skills and time management skills
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to develop and present safety training
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations, including regulatory reporting requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Proficiency in the English language is required.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.