We are currently looking for a student to work with our Vehicle Control Systems and Wheel Ends Team as a Co-op: Mechatronics/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of chassis and vehicle dynamics engineering, hardware in the loop, mechanical design and component installation. As a valued member of the Vehicle Control Systems and Wheel Ends Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with braking systems, pneumatic systems, and air management systems on class 8 heavy-duty trucks. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the transport solution industry. This position will report to the Group Manager of Vehicle Control Systems and Wheel Ends Team.
- Create or update CAD Models, Part Drawings, and Installation Drawings with CREO-Parametric
- Verify component placement and packaging with surrounding vehicle components
- Release components in a formal engineering process to resolve maintenance items or for project deliveries
- Ensure component durability by performing FEA analysis methods and techniques
- Apply Quality Tools to components and systems during the design phase
- Support real-time Simulation models with periodic upgrades to integrate them with the ECUs in the braking system Hardware in the Loop (HIL)
- Support braking system development by running test cases and analyzing results with function owners
- Support resolution of technical product quality issues
- Support technical decisions on subsystem/component level with global and cross-functional alignment
- Support simulation methods of new vehicle features and technology
- Actively work with the verification and validation engineers to correlate the models and improve model accuracy based on physical test data
- Support periodic maintenance and upgrade of the Electrical and Mechanical components in the test bench
- Support front-load HIL work to support robust early stage releases and stable late stage engineering releases
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op/internship.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.