We are currently looking for a student to work with our Product and Test Fleet Management team as an Intern: Macro Developer. The student should be prepared to develop systems, tools, and macros around current and planned IT application and processes. The student will lead small software projects making use of VBA, VB.NET and Python to deliver improvements on project management and data management systems.
- Maintain and support existing systems, tools, and macros. Heavy documentation has been provided by the previous programmer to assist with this responsibility
- Develop interfaces for departmental SharePoint sites
- Help the department explore the use of Power BI to analyze and visualize data.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills
- Organize large amounts of raw data to ease analysis for project managers and management
- Attention to Detail: Be able to quickly learn on the fly and implement improvements.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Access, Excel, Project, and Outlook, is required
- Proficiency with the following programming languages:
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing an a Computer Science, Software engineering or related field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the Internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- This internship will require up to 40 hours per week during the summer 2022 semester.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.