Volvo Group Australia is currently seeking experienced Storepeople to join the team at their Distribution Centre located in Minto. In the role of Storeperson you will ensure that all operational activity within the Warehouse is carried out in the safest, most efficient/productive and quality driven manner in order to achieve the required performance and quality targets pertaining to our customer’s needs and requirements.
Casual and temporary (fixed term contract) positions available.
About the Role:
- Work within a team that is driven to provide and contribute to a safe workplace (Zero Harm)
- Operate with a “high quality mindset”, ensuring holistic quality to the customer at all times
- Efficiently complete all work as expected (in accordance with KPI’s), in the safest possible manner
- Accurate receiving and despatching of parts
- Participate in all workplace practices so as to provide for flexible working arrangements which improve safety, efficiency and productivity
- Process driven, with a mindset to adherence to standards in all functions of a role
- Promote and maintain a customer service focus, considering the expectations of customer and their requirements at all times
- Carry out and complete all work allocated, in a timely manner
- Actively contributing to 5S and overall warehouse organisation and cleanliness
- Apply lean principles and maintain principles application in all tasks
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Take all reasonable steps and precautions to work safely and report any and all risks or hazards
- Adopt and encourage teamwork & collaboration, both within your direct function and organisation wide
- Works with others to achieve shared goals
- Represent team qualities such as respect, helpfulness, co-operation and support
- Participate and contribute to daily team meetings
- Forklift license LO & LF (mandatory)
- Certificate in Warehousing/Logistics (or similar)
- Good communication skills
- Dedicated and self-motivated
- Capable of working unsupervised
- A good team player with the ability to support and help others
- Positive about working for their team and achieving results to support and strengthen our customers results
- Licensed to operate all available materials handling equipment
- Motivated to improve self and team for greater results
- Open minded, with a growth mindset to learn and enjoy a wide range of roles
- Competitive hourly rate
- Monthly rostered day off
- Supplied uniforms + PPE
- Supportive and friendly team culture focused on diversity and equity
- Employee Assistance Program: Get the support you or your family need with our confidential employee assistance program
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.