To manage Business Control process and activities of VFS Servizi Finanziari Spa, the financial company of Volvo Group for Italian Market, ensuring they are properly conducted and that a sound risk management strategy exists. To display within the unit effective coordination and general direction that reflect The Volvo Way and promote the Company’s Mission, Vision and Wanted Position statements.
Main activities and responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Finance & Business Control Manager, the resource will:
- Actively collaborate within BC team on daily/monthly activities
- Ensure results analysis and check the performance of each brand involved in the business (Volvo Trucks, Renault Trucks, Volvo Bus and Volvo Construction Equipment)
- Support in defining business plans and subsequent revisions (forecast)
- Ensuring compliance with Volvo policy; having good knowledge of economic accounting standards, as well as a familiarity in tax laws
- Support the department manager and the team in carrying out assigned activities
- Prepare strategic presentations for business meetings
In addition, during the monthly financial report drawn from Accounting:
- Securing analysis and control process (data verification - analysis of results) for each brand, ensuring reporting accuracy and data analysis
- Ensure the accuracy of information provided to management, in order to eliminate inefficiencies, reduce costs and stimulate decisions
- Actively collaborate in business plan preparation and subsequent periodic reviews of the same (forecast), supporting the management in collecting data process and monitoring the performance of the company in terms of profit & loss
- Ensure monthly reporting for Headquarter and Local Management in accordance with Company procedures in order to justify results
About commercial results and costs/fees analysis:
- Ensure analysis of results and variances between actual results and forecast expectations, identifying any discrepancies or anomalies and proposing solutions to management
- Actively support to improve Company’s structure in terms of efficiency and effectiveness
- Support, through information obtained, the decision-making process and the management
- Passion for data
- Good Communication skills
- Educational background in the field of Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or similar / Management Engineering
- Accounting Diploma
- No previous working experiences needed
- Strong desire to grow and to learn
- Advanced knowledge of excel (formulas, pivot, queries etc)
- Fluency in Italian and good knowledge of English language, both written and spoken
- Friendly, informal, and knowledge-sharing environment with smart people in the team
- Chance to join a team and a company globally recognized for innovation
- Support for further development
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.