We are passionate about what we do, we aim for high performance and thrive on teamwork. Together, we unite approximately 100,000 colleagues around the world by a culture of care, empowerment and inclusiveness, where each one of us can give our very best. Our values are Change, Customer Success, Passion, Performance and Trust.
VGA are looking for a diverse cohort of 20 energetic students to join our Summer Intern Program. Commencing on 22 November 2021, the program offers an opportunity to work on real projects and add value to our everyday operations. As an Intern you will gain valuable exposure to project work while collaborating with business professionals and leaders across the organisation. This is a great opportunity that allows you to explore a career in your chosen field, and gain invaluable experience with a world leader in transport solutions from a team of diverse and passionate business professionals.
To be considered for the Summer Intern Program, you will need to meet the below criteria:
- Available to commit to the duration of the Internship - 22 November 2021 to 11 February 2022; working 38 hours per week Monday to Friday in Wacol, Brisbane. Please note, there will be a short office closure during the festive season.
- Currently studying a Bachelor’s degree and are in your penultimate year of study. We are seeking students from a variety of disciplines including:
- Have career aspirations to work in a professional business environment within Digitalization & Information Technology, Emerging Technologies, Engineering, Finance, Health & Safety, Human Resources, Communications & Marketing, Procurement, Real Estate or Sales.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office 365 suite of tools (SharePoint &/or Power BI would be advantageous)
- Previous experience analysing or evaluating data sets and project management experience is highly desirable for some business areas
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to easily establish stakeholder relationships
- Initiative, curiosity and have a passion for learning new skills
- Share Volvo Group’s values: Change, Customer Service, Passion, Performance and Trust.
- Paid 12-week Internship, 38 hour working week
- The opportunity to do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents
- Lunchtime workshops designed with you in mind to enhance your Internship
- Opportunity to network with business professionals and your peers from the program
- Inclusive workplace culture, open plan office - perfect for collaborating with your colleagues
- VGA is committed to flexible working arrangements, helping employees to achieve their work–life goals
- What attracted you to the Internship with Volvo Group Australia?
- How will the Internship enhance your career aspirations?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.