Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Interpret engineering documentation and data to solve problems – experience with reading and creating electrical schematics is a plus
- Create and update engineering documentation for design releases, including drawings, CAD models and wiring schematics
- Design and modify electrical and electronic components using CAD software
- Build and test prototype designs to prove out concepts
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting of electrical systems on construction machinery
- Assist assignment leader with day-to-day activities
- Present completed work to team in design reviews
- Currently enrolled in secondary education program and majoring in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related field
- Completion of 2+ years of engineering schooling from an accredited university (Bachelors program) or 1+ years of engineering schooling from an accredited university (Master’s program)
- Previous experience working with off-road equipment is a plus
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
Additional Important Requirements:
- Ability to relocate to Shippensburg, PA for duration of internship / co-op
- Must be able to sit at a desk or stand at an assigned location and work continuously for extended periods of time utilizing assigned office equipment
- Candidate should have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to walk through the production facility to work with manufacturing personnel
- Must be able to operate and test machines or components
- At times may lift materials weighing up to 40 pounds
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.