Are you passionate about creating value based on customer and societal challenges and opportunities? Then CampX by Volvo Group (VG) is the place for you to prosper. Our agile team work together with customers, partners, start-ups, and the colleagues at Volvo Group to find the next horizon of sustainable growth. Welcome to our world!
We are now looking for a senior innovation manager that will drive innovation activities and be part of our team.
Who are we?
CampX by VG is one of the innovation arenas within the Volvo Group. Established in Gothenburg in 2019, with one additional hub in Bangalore, one under development in Lyon and with a plan for further global expansion. The purpose of CampX is to support the Volvo Group to drive and accelerate technology and business innovation. We believe that an innovation is successful when introduced and adopted by the market.
Our team is passionate about driving innovation from idea to market introduction. We are pragmatic and easy to do business with, and it is a fun place to work. Together we share knowledge, overcome challenges, and celebrate success.
How does working here look like?
With new technologies and business models increasing in importance at high speed, the transportation and infrastructure industries are changing more and at a higher pace than ever before. As the Volvo Group, we are accelerating to drive our industry forward and we are committed to contribute to a fossil free future. We can’t change the world alone. We team up and collaborate with highly skilled colleagues from the entire Volvo Group from a broad variety of disciplines. We also interact closely outside the Volvo Group, with e.g. the innovation ecosystem and other stakeholders like our customers and partners. Consequently, we have fantastic opportunities to grow as individuals and professionals.
We are constantly nurturing an environment where it is ok to take risks and learn from the experiences along the way. We share a great curiosity for new technologies, new ways of doing business, and ways of working and constantly want to take it to the next level.
We celebrate diversity and inclusiveness. They are crucial to building high performing and agile teams that lead the change with a true passion for customer success.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Innovation Manager, you drive innovation all the way from idea to establishment of new business, new services and new ventures or to integration to a Volvo Group solution. We focus on driving innovation through partnerships, so your role also includes mapping of our needs, challenges and opportunities towards the innovation ecosystem, and to scout for matching partners.
- Finding the next horizon of sustainable growth for the Volvo Group
- Identifying opportunities for innovation that can improve our products and our customers’ operation, and thereby create new business for the Volvo Group
- Keeping track on trends, start-ups and competitor movements related to Volvo Group business
- Capturing unmet needs, challenges and opportunities, communicate them to others and match with partners
- Launch, guide, and follow up innovation initiatives
- Actively contribute to the success and the development of the CampX by VG concept
Who are you?
You should have proven experience from:
- Working globally in product and business development
- Methods such as business model canvas, design thinking, and lean start-up methodology (?)
- The transport industry and customer domains related to the Volvo Group’s business areas
- Driving innovation from idea to commercialization
- Working in cross functional teams, global organizations and in partnerships
- Proactively identifying, packaging, and communicating new business opportunities
- Working with start-ups, incubators, having started your own company
- Have a strong “can-do” mentality
- Have an open mind-set and passion to deliver value for our customers as well as for society at large
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and drive
- Be characterized by humility, integrity, and creativity
- Network, communicate, and present with ease
- Like to work in a fast paced, multicultural, and diverse environment
- Have humor
The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Occasional travel is expected.
Are we the perfect match?
If this sounds like the next step in your career, send in your application no later than 31st of December. We will make ongoing selections of applications during until the closing date.
In addition to your CV, add your reflection about one of bullets below in your cover letter, maximum half a page.
- Why is innovation, driving change and transformation important and how would you address this?
- What are the biggest challenges and opportunities in driving innovation in a large corporation such as the Volvo Group, and how you would address them?
Curious, and have some questions? Call us!
For more information please contact Helene Niklasson, Head of CampX, +46 73 902 88 07
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.