Are You Looking for a Rewarding and Challenging Career?
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a team work! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic and highly-skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. We’re so awesome that we’ve won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Life is Good in Hampton Roads!
”Hampton Roads” is an eclectic mix of coastal, urban, rural, and historic communities that includes the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, and Newport News. Our test center marina is located on the water in Suffolk. We have beautiful beaches and state parks, and family-friendly attractions with Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and North Carolina’s Outer Banks within easy driving distance. The area is host to diverse dining and shopping experiences to suit anyone’s tastes. There are so many exciting things to do here in the area that we highly recommend you come and see it for yourself! You’ll also find excellent school districts and esteemed institutions of higher learning, including Old Dominion University and The College of William and Mary, among others.
Who Are We?
Simply put, we’ve been around for a while and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers.
What is the Job?
The Social Media Manager plays a key role in social media strategy and execution across three business segments—Marine Leisure, Marine Commercial, and Industrial. This includes the development of creative assets and the writing of compelling content that generates engagement from our online audience. This position requires a broad understanding of social media platforms and analytics. Some of your core responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the development of a strategic social media efforts based on Volvo Penta of the Americas marketing plan as week as assisting in various advertising and other marketing initiatives.
- Ensuring that online communication is consistent with AB Volvo guidelines and directives, and utilizing knowledge of Volvo’s commonly-used concepts, practices, procedures, and technologies to maximize opportunities on our intranet and extranet websites, applications, and projects.
- Managing Volvo Penta’s presence on social channels Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube which includes identifying applicable target audiences to both engage and grow the current fan base. You will also assist with reputation monitoring on the web, social media, and outside blogs & forums.
- Creating a social media calendar for promotion of Volvo Penta’s total offer to marine leisure, marine commercial and industrial markets. You will also assist in creating and distributing monthly business e-newsletters to our customers and dealers.
- Keeping a pulse on emerging social platforms and make sound recommendations for new platforms to adopt.
- Reviewing and reporting social media analytics using Falcon platform, and adjusting strategies and tactics based on metrics.
- Researching and analyzing competitor programs and products to provide market intelligence and competitive benchmarking.
This position will be located at our Volvo Penta headquarters in Chesapeake, Virginia and will require minimal traveling (domestic and international).
To Be Successful in the Position You Will:
- Need to be highly skilled with social media content management platforms and analytics.
- Need knowledge of SEO (keyword research and Google Analytics).
- Need the ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video).
- Have knowledge of video creation and production, as well as excellent graphic design skills.
- Need analytical and multitasking skills.
As with Most Companies, You Also Need the Following...
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database programs
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
We’re Looking for the Following Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, advertising, or marketing with an emphasis in analytics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in building and/or maintaining social channels.
- 3+ years’ experience in conducting market research and benchmarking to ensure awareness of most recent trends.
- Position requires 3 - 5 years’ experience required.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V This is standard for all job descriptions; it should not be deleted or altered.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.