Volvo Penta, Industrial Segment is looking for an Area Sales Manager at Market Unit Nordic. The Industrial Segment at Volvo Penta offers power solutions to a broad variety of applications, such as material handling, forestry, mining and gensets. The segment has grown steadily in the recent couple of years, with many new customer acquisitions and applications.
We are now looking for a person with strong own drive and an entrepreneurial personality to continue to build on the success, with the ambition to increase sales and profitability for existing and new customers in the Nordic countries. The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden but involves frequent travelling. You report to the Sales Director for Northern Europe.
- Initiate and perform activities to grow market share with new and existing accounts.
- Plan, forecast and follow up sales.
- Negotiate commercial agreements.
- Interact with customers to understand their business and their requirements.
- Give input and follow up customers’ requirements to central functions.
- Understand the market; customers, competitors, market share etc.
- Be active in marketing activities such as exhibitions and events.
- Relevant education/degree for example Master of Science or equivalent.
- Solid experience in industrial sales, account management or project sales is required.
- Result- and team-oriented personality with excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English is a prerequisite, additional languages as Swedish would be a benefit.
- Integrity, own drive, accountability and holistic view are keywords in the selected candidate’s profile.
For further information about this position please contact:
David Hamilton, Director Industrial Sales, phone: +46 765533034
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.