Do you enjoy developing new test methods to help drive the efficiency of an organization? Does the opportunity to work on emerging technologies excite you? Do you thrive in a role where you can mentor and lead others?
If you answered yes, then this is the position you are looking for!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
As the Lead Measurement Engineer (Automation) you will lead the data collection for autonomous vehicle projects. You will work cross-functionally to collaborate on project requests and deliverables in addition to developing develop new test procedures related to data collection for the next generation’s autonomous vehicles. Collaboration with equipment vendors and other sites within Volvo Group will be an important part of the role.
You will be responsible for:
- Setting up and configuring data acquisition systems including external measurement sensors in preparation for testing activities, according to requests from internal stakeholders
- Planning, organizing and implementing project deliveries for data acquisition activities according to project timelines for autonomous vehicle projects
- Implementing and commissioning of new data acquisition equipment in collaboration with equipment vendors and the global testing community within Volvo Group according to internal roadmap
- Establishing investment requests for data acquisition systems according to future workload requirements for next generation’s autonomous vehicles
- Leading the development of new test procedures related to data collection for autonomous vehicles including documentation according to internal standards
- Organizing and coordinating data storage including remote data transfer with internal proprietary remote data management system. Work with internal stakeholders to coordinate data offloads
- Training and mentoring test engineers for procedures related to data logging for autonomous vehicles
What We Are Looking For
- Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechatronics or related
- 8-12+ years of experience in automotive testing or a related field
- 5+ years working with data acquisition systems and measurement sensors
- 3+ years working with scripting
- 2+ years working with automotive systems
- In-depth understanding of measurement technology for analog inputs such as voltage, pressure, frequency and load
- Solid understanding of vehicle communication protocols such as CAN, CAN-FD, LIN and Ethernet
- Experience with industry standard tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape or similar
- Intermediate knowledge in any scripting languages such as Python, C/C++, Matlab, etc.
- Familiarity working with IP cameras, radars, lidars, IMUs is a plus
- Previous experience working with autonomous vehicles and sensor data is preferred but not required
- Detail oriented personality and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with technical report writing and data processing
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.