Are you innovative and curious about the future and do you appreciate to work in close cooperating with your highly committed colleagues?
Come join our team
We would like to extend our Field Test team with someone like you, who has a passion for Product Development in general and Field Test in particular. As a person you enjoy working in a team and have the ability to inspire your team colleagues, you feel engaged by working in projects and reaching goals. Since the job consists of a net of contacts internally and externally, your networking skills are highly valued.
We believe that you have both the competence and personality that will make a difference in our organization. Imagine yourself working in an environment focused on solutions for the future where creativity and new ideas is a part of your day to day work.
What you will do
Within engine development testing we are responsible for calibration, endurance- , field-, and quality improvement testing of Volvo Penta’s Engines, Drives and Vessel control systems and structuring of measured data from the field.
The work mainly involves full responsibility of a number of field tests, which includes;
- Lead preparation and installation of Penta equipment in field test objects.
- Follow-up of on-going field tests at customer's sites. Including maintenance- and modification planning, training and fault handling. It will also include minor mechanical work.
- Reporting and communicating the status of the field test objects to the projects and line organization.
- Develop the way of working in our team.
- Experience of diesel engine technology in general, development or engine development testing or experience of field-testing activities is a strong qualifier.
- We are transforming into electromobility so knowledge and experience within electromobility propulsion and energy storage system is of great value.
- Experience in measurement equipment like Vision and modules for temperature and pressure sensor is of great value.
- Experience/knowledge of Volvo Penta product structures and processes/tools used in areas concerning sales, aftermarket, quality is a benefit.
- Outgoing personality that will be Penta’s face towards the field test customers.
- As a person you are structured and well organized. You enjoy working in teams and have the ability to work with several parallel tasks and functions, such as projects, end customers, machine manufactures, workshops etc.
- Fluent in English and Swedish.
- Valid B-driver’s license.
- A desire to see other places outside Gothenburg. There will be travels included in this position.
- A passion for technology and the curiosity to constantly learn more about today and the future propulsion/driveline systems.
Now that you are interested in this unique opportunity, it is time for you to take a step into our world – Volvo Penta. We are an energized, inspirational and innovative company. Don’t hesitate, take the opportunity and send your application.
Curious and have some questions? Call me!
Recruiting Manager Andreas Nyman, Tel +46 31 3228543, email@example.com
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.