We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to make us a stronger and better organization. As a global company, international collaboration is a daily activity. We pride ourselves in sharing techniques globally, but also promote implementing employee driven ideas from site to site.
The Operations Supervisor role is a key part of the team taking responsibility for safety, quality, employee engagement and production output for a significant portion of the process.
- Effective leader of people, with a track record of team development, empowerment and communication within a complex production environment
- Lead World Class Manufacturing continuous improvements to support enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Support cross functional activities with Safety, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Logistics teams.
- Supports leadership with departmental objectives as related to productivity, assembly schedules and efficiency
- Responsible for team member development plans, identifying training, providing training and maintaining competence levels of the business unit
- Develop effective assembly teams based on MOST time studies, controlling resource allocation, vacation and absentee pools
- Responsible to maintain compliance and hold team members accountable to company policy and procedures and bargaining unit contract
- Maintain effective and open communications with team members through departmental meetings and personal development
- Maintain health and safety for all business unit personnel by ensuring proper work habits, use, and maintenance of tools, equipment, and housekeeping, related to assembly areas
- Responsible for ensuring employees in their respective area that has the training and tools to meet the procedures and work instructions of NRV
- Directing Others: Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in well-planned and organized manner; maintains a two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Fairness to Direct Reports: Treats direct reports equitably; acts fairly; has candid discussions; don't have hidden agenda; don't give preferential treatment
- Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience in leading people
- Four (4) years’ experience in Manufacturing / Production strongly preferred
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred
- Commercial vehicle industry preferred
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.