EPTS is a department that works with embedded products, tools, and support for factories and workshops all over the world. At EPTS we feel proud of being an enabler in connecting all the integral parts together in the truck, bus, construction equipment, or boat in order to make our customers successful, on the roads, at the construction site, or sea. We have unique knowledge within the Embedded Software area and work thoroughly with the quality of our releases, to deliver the right software to our stakeholders and end-users.
The area is developing rapidly to support the product evolution, the new generation of Volvo products, and solutions. If you are interested in topics like connected trucks, autonomous driving, digital twin, and new ways of handling the deployment of the vehicle software, this is the place for you.
We are a global team, with colleagues working from Poland, Sweden, and Brazil.
We are now looking to strengthen one of our teams with more skillful people in the application support area. We are looking for application support who will work with business application support of our factory production critical application in the embedded software area.
As application support, you will be part of a cross-functional team comprised of IT roles and business roles. You can create and improve a truly global product, interacting with colleagues and stakeholders around the world.
We are looking for a person with technical skills, an open-minded and honest team player who appreciates fun at work.
We believe that the best results are achieved by strong team cooperation and that each member of our cross-functional teams will always strive to help each other.
The typical tasks performed by the IT support are:
- Handle communication with users seeking help from the application support team.
- Identify and implement improvements in the application support routines.
- Identify risks and problems in the technical landscape and ensure the resolution process is initiated following ITIL principles.
- Troubleshoot and analyze issues reported by application users.
- Evaluate if corrective actions proposed by the support team fulfill the acceptance criteria.
- Reproduce and report technical issues to our developers or providers.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Complete proficiency in Swedish and English.
- Good facilitation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Completed apprenticeship in forwarding business or similar graduation.
- Professional approach to work, a strong sense of responsibility, and ownership for assigned tasks.
- Desire to contribute to building and strengthening long-term relationships with stakeholders.
- Vehicle diagnostic knowledge is appreciated
Good to Have Experience and Skills
- Experience working in an agile team.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge in the Embedded software field.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.