Serves as the platform owner and key stakeholder in the cross-functional product team. This person will drive the build and scale of the platform and communicate our vision while maintaining high-quality support to enable a consistent, high quality experience to our customers.
This role will require strong cross functional relationships internally and externally to drive key focus areas.
Own and drive technical strategy for engineering and solutions teams, and provide leadership that creates an environment of innovation and delivery of the business engine platform.
• Delivery of software products according to the Global Product road map for the Business Engine Platform
• Functional and technical leadership
• Partners with global and regional functional stakeholders to build cross-functional product teams to scale platform to the markets
• Works collaboratively with senior management, architecture, all business function owners and business development staff to develop broadly acceptable solutions
• Builds and maintains high performing team; hire and retains talent
• Works with the markets to roll-out the business engine platform. This includes backlog prioritization based on market demands and urgencies.
• Ensures process adherence and capabilities improvements in the development cycle
• Reports status and prepares short term/long term planning
• Facilitates/Monitors review of the functional/design specification
• Manages cost and schedule of product delivery, manages third parties, vendors and partners
• Manages development resources by setting clear business and technical expectations
• Demonstrates Volvo’s core values and maintains a positive and open demeanor
• Ensures resource availability to support deployment activities in various environments
• Takes care of needed services and requirements and other resource management
• Partners with Product resources to identify clear business requirements
• Aligns with business consultants to develop and maintain the Capability Model
• Fosters a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and mentoring
• Manages the ongoing, planning, design, and execution of the business engine platform, liaising with the business functions which includes, but not limited to, Operations, Credit & Risk, Finance & Accounting, Legal & Compliance and Business Development teams to ensure that the platform meets the requirements of customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
• Leads the product management team members in an inspirational manner that ensures their success. Comprehensive performance management of the team including hiring, training, active coaching and setting aggressive and realistic objectives.
• Provides combined leadership (with Product Owners) in agile development
• Works with multiple stakeholders, prioritize product initiatives focused on growth, usage, and revenue.
• Identifies areas for improvements, defines methodology and technical requirements and drives experiments to optimize platform
• Safeguards the functional scope boundaries of the platform and warrant a rock-solid foundation with an always-on mindset
• Evaluates complementary internal and third-party products for existing market fit, investment required, opportunity cost, and potential revenue stream to determine priority within existing roadmap.
• Develops and empowers direct reports to make appropriate technical decisions
• Drives consistency in artifacts and deliverables, budgets, and resource planning
• Generates innovative ideas, solutions, and opportunities to contribute to further development of the platform
• Takes complete responsibility of the full life cycle of rollouts and oversee software release implementations
• Designs and develops highly scalable and fault-tolerant platform and applications using multiple technologies
• Responsible for development of platform capabilities and training plans for the team members
• Resolves product and project related issues at higher levels
• Responsible for people management, capacity planning
• Responsible for team building and motivation of the team for technical excellence and growth
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or computer science preferred
• Master’s degree a plus
• 5-10 years of work experience with strong focus of Product Delivery
• Experience managing full life cycle of projects and overseeing software release implementations
• Agile development methodology experience (Scrum/Kanban) preferred
• Ability to work independently and in small teams, partner effectively cross-group, and manage multiple priorities and deliverables concurrently.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale (through partnerships)
• Experience organizing, running, supporting, and growing engineering and development teams
• Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what’s possible technically, operationally, and professionally.
• Capable of forming and advocating independent viewpoint. Demonstrate strong skills influencing, negotiating, and communicating.
PREFERABLE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Passion for leading teams through transformations
• Organizational leadership, ability to inspire teams and attract great talent
• Enjoys product and design ideation as much as they do building product
• Ability to be both player & coach: we’re looking for someone who is passionate about getting into the details and driving large technology initiatives while coaching and empowering teams to take ownership
• Experience in building and supporting B2B/B2C SaaS applications used at scale
• Deep expertise in building software platforms, specifically performance distributed systems, leveraging modern frameworks
• Displaying a strong spirit of innovation, self-starter, independent and with ability to come up with solutions to complex problems
• Experience in delivering scalable and high performance services and applications with excellent quality
• Experience in Micro-services design and implementation and developing platform/server-side components/APIs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.