If you answered yes, then this may be a perfect position for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Complete Vehicle is a global organization that utilizes customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive verification and validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure customer satisfaction. Our teams are in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
As Principal Engineer for Fuel Economy, Average Speed and Drivability you will define, verify, tune, and validate the feature performance according to the project specifications. Your main goal is to reach, sustain and strengthen a leading position on heavy duty trucks in North America.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining and maintaining brand specific Fuel Economy, Average Speed and Drivability targets.
- Building and maintaining long term feature roadmaps for products in collaboration with Brand Management, Marketing, Product planning and Engineering groups.
- Translating the customer needs into measurable requirements for the feature and distribute them into technical requirements to engineering teams.
- Estimating risks for feature deliveries and, needs for verification actions and tests support (virtual testing, parts, mules, prototypes), including ensuring adequate budget and resources.
- Setting up verification and validation plans for the feature and reporting on their progress during feature reviews.
- Conducting an objective evaluation of the feature and delivering feature status reports prior to the gates' opening, including approvals or proposals and requests for modifications.
- Developing testing methods for current and future technologies, in tune with how customers use our products. Develop in-depth knowledge of customer application and how it affects your area of responsibility.
What We Are Looking For
Master of Science degree in Engineering
- 12+ years of engineering experience in heavy duty truck, automotive, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years fuel economy related engineering experience (testing, simulation, CFD, statistical analysis, DAQ, data analysis etc)
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience within Heavy duty truck or Automotive Fuel Economy
- Engineer who currently holds CDL, or desire to hold CDL, required
- Experience with Fuel Economy testing (On-road, wind tunnel, dyno, coast down)
- Knowledge in data acquisition and data post processing
- Experience utilizing simulation tools (eg. Fuel Economy simulation, CFD, etc)
- Proven success as a liaison with regulatory and industry groups related to FE
- Testing Strategy background including Design of experiments, statistical analysis etc.
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.