Are you a person that loves to do business? Are you at the same time a creative, solution-oriented person with strong communication skills that has a true passion to work with other people in a global context? If yes, then we believe this is the opportunity for you! We believe we can offer you a dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to grow and develop your skills in these and many more areas.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are a team of passionate and driven colleagues located in Europe (Lyon, France and Gothenburg, Sweden). We see opportunities, we are flexible and we support each other and are open for dialogue and exchange. You will work in an exciting and global environment and you will join a team with a positive atmosphere who enjoys working together. We look forward to welcome you and have you on board in our team.
As a Commodity & Project buyer for Sheet metal, you will be accountable for the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) of suppliers in your portfolio. You will be responsible to continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during and after production. Your main responsibilities will be to work closely with the Segment Leader and buyers of the segments and, as per needs :
- Be a driver on the related segment, contributing to define the purchasing and make or buy strategies, selecting and managing suppliers, in link with industrial and technical roadmaps;
- Drive purchasing activities in cross-functional product projects in early phases, to deliver commitments fulfilling project gates;
- Forecast cost evolution for scope, implement agreements and negotiate extra cost savings by using your own skills, Purchasing tools, Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain;
- Elaborate sourcing cases to be presented to the sourcing decision body; Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with internal stakeholders (SQ&D, Manufacturing,…);
- Bring innovation in your scope and actively contribute to the VOLVO Transformation journey
As a person we believe that you have a business-oriented mindset with both a financial and technical understanding. You enjoy the challenge of having contact with suppliers and you also possess strong communication and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy driving your own work and taking initiatives, with a team player attitude.
Your main qualifications can be summarized as:
- University degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in engineering or business
- 3+ years of Purchasing experience, preferably in automotive
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Multicultural experience is an asset Excellent communication and networking skills with positive attitude
- Creative and solution-oriented mindset
- Accountable, self-driven and autonomous
- Structured way of working
- Negotiation skills
- Proven ability to establish targets and drive results
- Analytical skills with ease on Office/IT tools
This is a temporary contract.
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
If this captured your interest, why not contact us or apply to get to know more about this opportunity!
For more information please contact: Ramachandran Bakiyaraj, Purchasing Manager Sheet Metal, +46 313228123
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.