We design a system where we provide world class solutions for AC and DC charging, distribute current to a powerful propulsion system as well as auxiliary loads and customer equipment. By doing so, we deliver end customer value for all Volvo business units such as trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine applications! Our group consists of highly skilled professionals with a background from power electronics / high voltage engineering, who share a passion for technology and developing products that make a difference for the Volvo Group’s customers and society
Since 2019 we are located in Volvo’s new center for new technologies; CampX. Here the Battery Electrical Vehicle stream is co-located and in 2021 the CampX will grow to double size and include also Fuel cells joint venture with Daimler as well as the Autonomous drive development – an inspiring environment!
You will work with the complexity of electrically connecting several components with different functionality and design on a voltage class B DC link and all aspects that follows with it: compatibility, requirement balancing, harmonize HW design with system/vehicle functionality and electrical safety. Add to this: combinations with AC circuits and relation to voltage class A circuits to further extend the system complexity. A big part of the responsibility is to make a design aligned with regulations and standards such as UN R100, ADR, ISO 6469, ISO 17409, SAE J2910, IEC 61140, IEC 60664 etc. The design should also be cost efficient and meet high performance requirements with quality over time.
Typical tasks within the team
- Write and release platform requirement specifications
- Review component designs and deviation handling
- Develop and maintain S-FMEA
- Concept studies: e.g. fault protections, functionality SW vs. HW
- Roadmap and platform development
- Product knowledge management, i.e. product ownership over time: education, problem solving, verification and log data
- Secure Volvo product portfolio by participation in international standard committees
- Develop Volvo internal standardization work
As a senior designer you will drive changes on your own and in a team with other system designers. You are expected to take decisions based on facts and engineering judgements, but you also need to have strong communication skills and ability to balance different needs. You have a structured way of working where it is easy for other engineers to participate in the system and component design development.
To be able to take on this challenge successfully we believe that you will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (preferably within the high voltage area) or similar work experience
- Documented work experience from high voltage or voltage class B integrated power system design & development
- Documented experience from working with functional safety in automotive products and applications
- Experience from propulsion systems in battery electric vehicles
- Experience from development of high voltage or voltage class B power systems and components
Telephone: +46 73 902 32 25
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.