Are you someone who wants to impact the growth of both our business and that of our customers? Are you passionate about the heavy equipment parts and service financing area of our business? Enjoy underwriting, negotiating, structuring deals, providing credit approvals and financing solutions to meet customer needs?
Want to be a part of the transformation of the transportation and finance industry?
This is us, your new colleagues
VFS is committed to providing competitive financial services for Volvo Group dealers, and through their dealerships to customers, for their acquisition and use of Volvo Group products. This collaborative approach brings to life the concept of one-stop shopping for customers. During the customer transaction lifecycle, this collaboration enables the Group to offer additional products and services after the customer’s purchase, which further builds our relationship with the customer and increases Volvo Group sales. When times are tough, customers and dealers can trust that VFS and the Volvo Group remain dedicated to supporting their business.
Link to our website: https://www.vfsco.com/en/
At VFS we actively work to establish teams that maximize the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, nationality, and all other dimensions of diversity. We believe that balanced working teams increase our capacity for creativity enabling us to find new and innovative approaches to solutions.
This role is responsible for processing and analyzing unsecured credit requests from existing or prospective customers within the NATS Portfolio for FleetPREFERRED and SMART Commercial Accounts. Customer financing applications are reviewed for accurate and complete information and processed to ensure timely and comprehensive credit review and underwriting with the highest level of customer service and professionalism. Additionally, the NATS Credit Analyst may propose account structures and solutions that facilitate the customer’s use of the various Commercial Aftermarket parts and service receivables programs offered by or administered by NATS.
The role is located in Greensboro, NC and reports to the Manager of Client Relationship and Credit NATS.
This is how you make an impact
- Underwrites unsecured parts and service receivable program applications from Volvo Group customers, completes periodic customer credit renewals, for decision within delegated credit authority
- Reviews credit submittal, D&B, Paynet, or other individual and commercial credit bureau reports for completeness
- Understands truck and construction fleet parts and service purchasing habits; analyzes historical and projected volume and uses NATS Credit Matrix and/or financial analysis to determine repayment risk
- Develops and utilizes financial statement analysis skills to spread financial statements and prepare written comments highlighting important aspects of the financial statements
- Establishes customer files and performs necessary verifications of borrowers and guarantors (i.e. Secretary of State, debt history, trade history, bonding capacity, employment, and revenue sources) as required
- Interacts extensively with Dealers, Customers, and Mack/Volvo Truck, VCE Aftermarket sales teams to understand customer needs in order to provide a complete credit solution while maintaining sound underwriting and risk practices
- Participates in review and negotiation of documentation with the Customer, Credit Manager, and Legal Counsel; reviews and initiates proper follow-up as necessary
- Works with VFS Litigation and Bankruptcy team on bankruptcies or other customer accounts that need to be noticed when severely delinquent
Who are you?
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar preferred
- 2 or more years’ experience underwriting unsecured credit risk, and unsecured portfolio administration, including portfolio risk analysis or similar work experience with receivables financing or VFS Retail Credit experience preferred
- Parts and service (commercial aftermarket) experience in heavy equipment, transportation or construction equipment, and/or factoring, and dealer receivables program experience is a plus
- Established credit underwriting and analytical skills, including familiarity with personal credit bureau reports, commercial business reports (Dun and Bradstreet, Experian, Paynet, etc.) and other reference sources (bonding, finance, trade)
- Familiarity of financial statements and experience preparing written summaries of key information. Financial statement analysis includes: ratio analysis, common sizing, review of industry norms, trending, and cash flow analysis. Experience interpreting key financial information and assessing the potential impact to the borrower is necessary
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and effectively work on multiple tasks in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Intermediate level in MS Office 365 required. Experience with MS Access a plus and Expert level in MS Excel preferred
Are we the perfect match?
Will you bring the passion for underwriting unsecured debt and looking for solutions for a diverse commercial customer group? Can you cultivate a customer experience that builds loyalty? Can you effectively collaborate with a diverse group of colleagues to grow our business? Be a part of the transformation of the transportation and finance industries that are going green and becoming more digital?
In addition to being part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced, rewarding environment, our benefits package also includes the following:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO)
- 401k plan with generous company match
- Health, vision and dental insurance
We look forward to hearing from you. Complete your application and we’ll be in touch.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.