At Volvo Digital & IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Volvo Digital & IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now.This is us - your colleagues
‘Data’ is a new function within Volvo Digital & IT with the goal to unlock the power of data for the full Volvo Group to become a fully data-driven company! With data, the core component of our transformation journey, we will, together with our data talents, make the Volvo Group 2030 vision happen. We will take care of all the aspects of Data, how it is quality assured, documented, made available, prepared, and consumed through BI, Analytics and Machine Learning. We have an ambitious transformation in front of us, with an implementation of the Data Layer in Azure as well as the reinforcement of Data Governance and Data Management in the full Group.
The ‘Data’ function is a large multi-cultural organization with 600+ employees and contractors located mainly in 7 countries - Sweden, Poland, India, Belgium, Brazil, USA, and France.
This is a Flexible position, and in this role, you will be joining as a Data Risk Manager in one of these locations Belgium, France, Poland, or Sweden. Please mention the location while you apply.
We collaborate with other parts of the organization, both in Volvo Digital & IT, with Truck Divisions, Business Areas and Group Functions. We foster an environment where ideas, thoughts and opinions can be shared. We are team players with clear common ambitions, and we win together.Profile
The Data Risk Manager is expected to lead a team of people to develop and deploy a set of DG&DM products covering data compliance & security and rights to use data in the organization.
This requires a deep knowledge and experience from implementing compliance and security frameworks, strong leadership and stakeholder management skills, and a pragmatic can-do attitude to apply directives in a comprehensive data transformation.Responsibilities
- Own the DG&DM products in scope (Data Compliance & Security framework; Right to use).
- Lead the team responsible for developing and deploying those products in the organization, while also engaging in the operational work.
- Consolidate, clarify, and further develop the complete data compliance & security framework to ensure its applicability for data governance & mgmt. and for the Volvo Group data platform(s).
- Secure that relevant compliance and security directives, guidelines and other governance precepts are understood and applied in a new setup, where we want to create value from data by improving data quality and accelerating access through our data platform(s) and modern data mgmt. tools.
- Ensure that all aspects of the legal framework are implemented in data management processes, meta data and tools.
- Develop and implement Volvo Group’s principles for ethical usage of data.
- Connect new and existing data governance & mgmt. roles to legal, compliance & security responsibilities.
The Data Risk Manager is responsible for consolidating the total Data compliance & security framework and implementing this in data governance and mgmt. processes to secure compliance and minimize risk in data how data is managed, shared, and used in Volvo Group.Required Competence
A perfect match?
- Documented experience and implementation track record within (data) compliance & security areas.
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading teams in agile, iterative work.
- Can-do attitude paired with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Great structuring and organizing skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
Imagine yourself working with the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Imagine yourself working with IT in a company that really believes people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion, and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions. A place where your voice is heard, where your ideas matter. Together we move the world.Will you join us?
Curious to know more please do not hesitate to reach out to Daniel Schneider at +49 172 6508227.Group Digital & IT
has the ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. Digital solutions are becoming more and more key in the industries, where we are operating. The solutions and emerging technologies, provided by Group Digital & IT, enable our customers and their customers to do more with less, better for others and best for the future.
We are 3,600 employees located in more than 30 countries, present at all major Volvo Group locations, and we are working in a completely global organization.
In Group Digital & IT
we strive for something bigger, we are truly customer centric, and we collaborate with inclusion, together cross the Volvo Group. We learn to stay ahead, we are curious and eager to acquire new and deeper knowledge, both as individuals and as teams. Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.