Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?What You Will Be Doing
The main purpose of the role, as the Packaging Distribution Coordinator, is to develop and enhance Volvo’s distribution of returnable packaging to material suppliers. You are responsible for analyzing and monitoring Volvo returnable packaging orders and the delivery process, including transportation cost, follow up, and optimization to drive continuous improvement activities. Ideally, this position will be based out of our largest manufacturing site in Dublin, Virginia. The position is also flexible to reside at our Group Headquarters office in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
What We Are Looking For
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization activities for packaging distribution process within North America. Constantly review Volvo’s transport set-ups considering packaging volumes from all plants and distribution centers, combining volumes, and integrating new set-ups, when possible, to support continuous improvement.
- Lead the implementation of transport flows for new packaging suppliers, securing the right transport mode and shipment frequency is chosen in each implementation.
- Work with Production Logistics Purchasing to review yearly FTL contracts (i.e., calculate annual lane volume and preferred carriers, adjusting for rapidly shifting transport parameters)
- Maintain and develop relevant distribution key performance indicators.
- Monitor carrier performance to ensure compliance and escalate issues as needed
- Onboard new carriers and suppliers to the Production Logistics processes for packaging distribution
- Confirm systems are correctly managing daily transport optimizations to maximize trailer utilization and increase optimization
- Distribute packaging and manage dealer returns utilizing our packaging systems
- Ensure planning is carried out in accordance with the Planning procedure and make necessary rearrangements
- Work closely with Regional Planner to effectively communicate any packaging availability issues at terminals
- Distribute volumes based on cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and service-minded requirements, i.e., comparing incoming orders with available packaging and give directives to concerned processes
- Work in close cooperation with our packaging terminals and depots to ensure on time delivery of packaging material
- If necessary, alter orders, volumes of orders and delivery days in agreement with the responsible area manager
- Provide corrective action plans to prevent future deviations within the packaging distribution group
- Lead integration/development of new technologies into North America Packaging workflow and coordinate usage with packaging colleagues
- BS degree in Logistics or Business preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 years logistics and/or transportation experience desired
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other tools used to display and monitor key performance indicators
- High organizational ability and strong ability for planning
- Strong abilities in priority setting
- Customer Focus
- Growth Mindset
- Process Management
- Attention to Detail
Travel: 10-20% Travel maybe required.Compensation/Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- 5 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs