PhD Research Scholar - Data ScienceAbout the program:
: To apply rich knowledge and research mindset and empower them to build rewarding and satisfying careers in the fields of transport and infrastructure.Structure:
Paid program of nine-month durationEligibility:
PhD Scholars registered with any university in India or abroad in a relevant academic discipline, currently employed or doing projects in specifically identified areas (Currently pursuing PhD).Place of Work:
BangaloreTransform Data into Useful Knowledge and Wisdom!!!
At Volvo Group Trucks Technology Powertrain Engineering, we have started to lay a big emphasis on how Data should Drive our Future Development. We are currently looking for a Data Scientist Research Scholar who can helps us to accelerate in our Journey.
Do you want to be part of a team where you get the chance to contribute to a better environment and sustainable future Good, we are ready for you!What do we do
We are the Simulation and Analytics Team in Powertrain Engineering within Volvo Group Trucks Technology, a dynamic team working towards enabling the Technology organization in evaluating futuristic products and services for Volvo business units such as trucks, buses, construction equipment and Marine
The main tasks in our team are to meet our customer's expectation on quality, fuel consumption and to comply with emission legislation. This is done by selecting Engine HW-components and calibrate engine related functions. Upcoming emission legislation requires development of advanced control strategies together with an optimized hardware and software. You will be an important contributor in this development.
Powertrain is the heart of the Truck and is one of the focus areas within Volvo Group, which is at the forefront of sustainable transport solutions for tomorrow.
We are on a mission to unleash the unimaginable power of Data
Sound interesting We want you to join us!What will you do
You will work in agile teams through good collaboration with our colleagues in software development and design teams all around the world.
You will be responsible for expert advice in terms of data usage, transformation and algorithms to the data science team and identify the best data-driven solution, from roadmap to strategy, to building and operationalizing models. Your expertise is in quickly realising which ML approach to take for a specific problem and the caveats of that approach.
You get the opportunity to follow your Data Driven Models from script to test cell to verification in a truck and eventually to being used by our end customers.
We have an agile way of working, where each team plan their activities in sprints and deliver solutions together as a team. We strive to have an open and honest environment within the teams, where it is easy to ask each other for support when needed. The tasks can be either part of a larger project or short tasks to improve products currently in production.
You will get the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
Who are you
We believe that to be successful in this position, you are a team player, have strong expertise in data science, understanding of data engineering concepts, and a will to deliver. Also
- A Master's Degree holder in Automobile/Mechanical/Electronics/Computer Science/Statistics pursuing a PhD in Data Science.
- You must have a proven experience in Data modelling - good knowledge of statistics (Inference, Optimization, Bayesian statistics) and machine learning, Deep Learning, Time series etc. and should be able to deploy various ML algorithms to solve complicated problems (prediction, automation, real time optimization etc)
- Full working knowledge of few of the following algorithms – SVM, k-NN, DT, DL(AE, GAN, LSTM etc..) with experience of implementation in a productionized solution
- You can work smoothly with tools like Python (including libraries like Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, Tensorflow), R, SQL, Git, Azure, Hadoop, pySpark, C/C++/ Scala.
- Collaborate with all the team members to guide them in various projects with various statistical & Data science approaches.
- Should be able to adequately explain which machine learning algorithm will be suitable for the problem statement, including defining the predictor and target variables, measurement of variables, hyperparamters etc.
- Clear understanding on the applications and limitations of supervised, unsupervised and semi supervised learning. Knowledge about self learning systems is a plus.
- Experience in working with huge data sets (Spark, BigQuery, Azure SQL etc) and incorporate dimension reduction techniques.
- Knowledge on embedded systems and its software systems is a plus
You have a willingness to learn and take more responsibility with can-do attitude.
Experience of working with relational databases, data privacy and understanding of IOT based instrumentation design with additional data logging to build or validate models is a big plus.