Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?What You Will Be Doing
The Electromobility team is part of the Services, Digital, and Investment purchasing group and consists of members in the United States and Canada, with global counterparts around the world. Stakeholders for the group are spread across North America.
The Senior Buyer, Electromobility is accountable for the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) of suppliers within the area of charging stations and various infrastructure for our electric trucks fleet. You will be ultimately responsible for ensuring that the segment business plan is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the purchasing/cross-functional network.
This position will report to the Head of Revenue, Digital, & IT Purchasing North America, and can be based out of either Greensboro, NC or Hagerstown, MD.
Main areas of responsibility:
What We Are Looking For
- Develop, negotiate, and implement strategies resulting in improved supply chain performance, enhanced product quality, innovative technology, and maximum value
- Drive negotiations and executive agreements with suppliers
- Contribute to segment business plan & be an active member in the global network of Buyers
- Collaborate with other members of the global supply chain to successfully develop and execute global supply chain and technology strategies
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, and Risk Management targets (QDCFTSR)
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/engineering changes during the design phase and implementation phase
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to purchase orders and financial flows to the suppliers
- 5+ years of strategic purchasing experience (supplier sourcing, negotiation, contracts, etc.)
- Project management skills, organized and agile in way of working
- Developed interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative team towards a common purpose
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field is preferred
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 - 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!