Senior HSE Advisor
Volvo Construction EquipmentOur world is a world of change. Our organization is built by people and great teamwork. We are a truly global company, and we believe in the advantage of diversity and together we create a workplace that brings the best out of everyone.We believe in a sustainable future and with the global construction industry as our arena, we work together with our customers to turn this belief into reality for people everywhere. That is our purpose, and we live and breathe it, every day.Do you want to support us in building the world we want to live in?We are looking for a Senior HSE Advisor to develop, support and promote our 2030 vision for HSE and sustainability. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and driven candidate to develop our HSE policies, procedures, and activities, share best practice and drive continuous improvement across our Motherwell site.
The Volvo Construction Equipment Haulers Ltd. site located in Motherwell, Scotland, designs and manufactures Rigid & Articulated Trucks for distribution around the globe. The company is part of Volvo Construction Equipment and the site has manufactured trucks for over 65 years.As part of the role, your key duties will include;
• Support the development and maintenance of HSE management systems, including ISO14001 & ISO45001, and ISO 50001.
• Provide support to all other departments in relation to risk management, including, but not limited to, the development of risk assessments and their associated control measures
• Build strong working relationships with your line manager, department managers, and trade unions to promote a safe and positive working environment. There will be a requirement to extend this into the Volvo Group and develop good relations as required.
• Process and investigate reports of accidents or dangerous occurrences, identifying the root cause, and making recommendations for improvement and recurrence prevention.
• Train, promote, and support our colleagues with basic HSE awareness programs and the key areas as described in the HSE procedures and training plans.
• Ensure the day-to-day activities on site satisfy the requirements of the HSE procedures and implement improvements where applicable.
• Carry out proactive monitoring across the site, including testing of emergency response procedures, to promote HSE values
• Support an effective communication strategy to ensure that managers and employees are kept up to date with developments across all HSE functions.
• Support your line manager in dealing with regulatory, certification and insurance bodies as required.
• Co-manage indirect teams and functions i.e. First Aid, Occupational Health, Fire Wardens, Energy Champions, etc.
• Support and promote ongoing health and wellbeing initiativesTo succeed in the role, we are looking for;
- Experience or qualifications in environmental management, energy management or sustainability
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Relevant industrial experience of high-risk activities such as LOTO, Working at Height, Permit to
- Experience of working in the development and maintenance of ISO standards
- A recognized training qualification or experience of delivering training.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and approach to address concerns
- Personable, approachable, and competent with an ability to drive positive change in HSE
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build professional relationships with others
- Excellent personal organisation skills with the ability to effectively manage own workload and work unsupervised
- Action-oriented and can deliver on objectives on time, and to the quality expected for the role
- Good literacy and numerical skills.
- Proficient in preparing and delivering presentations to others
- Proficient with computer skills including Microsoft Office and other computer-based HSE management systems.
• NEBOSH Diploma or other relevant HSE Qualification
• Experience of HSE in a manufacturing/engineering environment
• Experience or qualifications in applying human factor analysis or behaviour-based safety programs.
• Internal Auditor qualification or able to demonstrate the ability to demonstrate auditing skills
Our values are Trust, Passion, Change, Performance and Customer Success.
It is only together we can create great business. We are sure, and you should be as well; it is together we will make this world a better place. If you have great capability and passion for HSE, continuous improvement and engaging others then we are certain that you would be a great asset to our team.