Description And Requirements:
We believe smarter technology takes a global mindset with trust and respect for one another, enabling us to do exciting and rewarding work. We believe in the importance of actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce, which creates a competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference! If you are ready for meaningful challenges, have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction, and eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply to become a part of the rotational program.
Are you ready to take the next steps to accelerate your career growth? Are you a top university student who is tech-savvy and wants to pursue a career in future technology within sales or marketing? Are you competitive and entrepreneurial in spirit? If so, there is no better time than today to apply for this dynamic Rotational Internship Program that will jump-start your career and give you cross-functional experience through multiple business areas and opportunities.
The intent of the Rotational Internship Program is to build our talent pipeline by providing a personalized, rotational learning curriculum over a 16-month period. The individual in the program will develop new skills, participate in projects, and gain a broad and cross-functional view of our organization. The program rotations and project work offers the flexibility to customize individual career development with business objectives to create a unique and valuable experience. Throughout the internship, you will have great on-the-job learning and mentorship. As part of an intern cohort, the program provides individuals with the advantage to learn, grow, and support one another. This program offers the potential for full-time opportunities upon graduation.
The position responsibilities will vary based on the area of the organization your internship resides. The program includes visibility to some of the following functions: Trucks Sales & Commercial Operations, Brand and Marketing, Finance, Part Sales, and Contract Services/Solutions.
Multiple positions are available.Position Requirements:
- Ability to live or commute to Greensboro, NC for the duration of the program (May 15, 2023 – August 9, 2024).
- Ability to work 20 hours per week through spring and fall semesters and 40 hours per week in the summer.
Skills & Knowledge
- GPA that is at or above 2.75 is required.
- Preferred Degree/Majors: Sales, Business Analytics, Marketing, Finance, Economics or Business Administration.
- Applicant’s graduation date must be on or later than May 2024.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in professional, academic, or volunteer environments.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Professional maturity, strong work ethic and the ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain the fast-paced, demanding environment.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development