Are you a skilled Engineer with a talent for technical problem solving and a passion for innovation? Do you have a strong interest in propulsion systems and the evolving transportation industry? Does an opportunity to network and grow in a technical and management area excite you?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! We are seeking a Senior Propulsion Engineer
to join our Propulsion Engineering team in Greensboro, NC.Who We Are
Our Team, Propulsion Engineering, is part of the Powertrain Engineering (PE) function for Volvo Group North America. PE USA is an Application Center responsible for delivering competitive products and services to the Volvo Group North America business (start cost and maintenance). We also ensure Volvo is fulfilling our specific legal (securing total fulfillment of EPA and CARB Certification and Compliance demands) and market demands, using parts and systems developed in collaboration with our global counterparts.
The Propulsion Engineering team provides hands on support for installation and commissioning of engineering vehicles to support functional development, vehicle verification and validation as well as factory and customer support for production vehicles. What You Will be Doing
As a Senior Propulsion Engineer, you will be a key player in the most extensive vehicle/powertrain projects for the future. You will lead the integration of propulsion systems into vehicles that meet customer requirements, regulatory and Volvo Group objectives. Integration includes packaging, electrical, mechanical, and all aspects required to integrate propulsion systems into vehicles. You will work in close cooperation with a variety of stakeholders and solution providers to ensure the technical delivery is on target according to the project pre-requisites.
Who You Are
- Supporting the installation and application of advanced vehicle technologies into Volvo Group
- Validating vehicle features, controls, and systems for North American as well as Global applications, focused on sustainable technologies
- Creating and driving plans for current and future programs by defining scope, identifying deliverables, and estimating organizational requirements for successful implementation.
- Working with global teams to deliver common, cost-efficient solutions throughout the Volvo Group.
You are a skilled Engineer with a passion for technical problem solving and innovation, understanding commercial vehicle uses, a strong desire to bring people together to create value for our customers, excellent communication, and proven systems development skills.
You are a team player interacting through a broad network, having the skills to transfer high level prerequisites into project requirements and deliverables and supporting root cause analysis - as well as being comfortable to communicate and report project QDCF in reference group and management teams. You can prioritize and focus the project on the main areas contributing to delivering the technical solution.
Compensation & Benefits
- BS in Engineering is required. Advanced technical or business degree preferred
- 5-8+ years of related experience
- Successful experience in Project management
- Structured, analytical, and holistic mind-set
- Good knowledge of systems engineering, quality assurance methods and documentation
- Proficient in technical writing and reviewing of engineering specifications.
- Heavy/medium duty truck, construction vehicle or passenger car experience preferred.
- Experience with CAN communication applications and tools preferred.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License or desire to obtain one is preferred.
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here