Volvo Truck and Bus - Harlow
Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician Volvo Truck & Bus South & East
Brief overview of the role:
Be trained to a high level of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point.
Closing date - 30th April 2023
Expected apprenticeship duration - 34 monthsPossible start date - June onwards 2023Apprenticeship level
- Working week
- 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Advanced Level ApprenticeshipVacancy description:
- Learn how to and use Volvo special tools safely and efficiently.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when must be worn.
- Assist with cleaning the workshop.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of repair.
- Ensure that the company’s time recording procedures are complied with.
- Ensure job cards are completed accurately.
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop Supervisor.
- Attend college courses regularly and achieve the standards required by the course.
- Attend any technical or development training that is made available.
Requirements and prospectsDesired skills
- Work with the team to ensure a strong top team ethos.
- Support the development of character, skills, attitude and superior individual and team performance.
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business like and professional manner.
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the Volvo image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally.
- To be able to develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes.
- To be able to adapt and take on new skills and approaches.
- To be at all times a team player.
- To be at all times have a flexible approach to work commitments.
- To be at all times open and honest.
- To be at all times supportive of colleagues both in company and Distributor Organisation
GCSE A*-C or equivalent is required for this position.Future prospects
Progression to higher qualifications and potential full time position.About the employer
Volvo Truck & Bus South & EastDescription:
Volvo pride themselves on product innovation and excellence. Their standards are high and their service must be second to none. A successful business demands a skilled workforce to improve its bottom line. A skilled workforce demands training and knowledge. It's that simple. They provide a commitment to their customers that they will always receive second to none service levels, to do this they must ensure that their people are trained to the highest possible standards. That is why they created the Technician Apprentice Programme - widely considered to be the best throughout the truck and bus industry. At Volvo, their secret to providing consistently high levels of service is their people . 'Customers expect reliability, Volvo delivers it'. If you want a career with a leading truck and bus manufacturer, then you have come to the right place. They provide all our apprentices with the skills needed to become a qualified technician with a secure career. A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to their business for years to come.Training to be provided
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at Remit’s dedicated Heavy Vehicle Academy in Derby. There are a total of 17 blocks over the 34 month programme, which are split between 2 days of virtual classes and 3 days in Derby. The costs for accommodation, food and travel are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will give you 1-2-1 support and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications: As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English & Maths (if required
Block Release at College includes:
- Apprenticeship Standard Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician - Bus, Coach and HGV.
- Functional Skills.
Contact for more information