Are you an experienced Data Analyst that has a passion and strong desire to utilize data to identify and drive decisions related to Quality of Volvo and Mack trucks?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you! Volvo Group is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join our Quality & Customer Satisfaction team located in Hagerstown, MD.
Read on for more details!Who We Are
Our team, Quality and Customer Satisfaction (Q&CS) is part of the Volvo Group Truck Technology Team for Volvo Group North America. Our team’s mission is to ensure the product quality performance for the complete product line through investigating and prioritizing market product quality issues. Our data team secures the voice of the customer in the problem-solving processes through clear and concise data storytelling. We support achieving product quality goals and metrics that directly pertain to customer satisfaction.
Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We have a strong culture based on our company values, which are central our work. We believe in a work environment where:
What You Will be Doing
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance.
- We are obsessed with Customer Success.
- We initiate Change to stay ahead.
- We willingly place our Trust in each other.
- We have a huge Passion for what we do.
As a Senior Data Analyst for the Hagerstown Q&CS team, you will play a key role towards achieving product quality goals and metrics for the Volvo Group & Mack Trucks conventional, electrical and fuel cell powertrains. You will be involved in the advanced analytics and machine learning initiatives focused on emerging issue detection, problem definition and resolution support within our team. This is done in parallel with other data and product quality leaders located across our sites including Sweden, France, Brazil, and other US locations.
Who You Are
- Full Life Cycle analytics ranging from fundamental to advanced statistical techniques.
- Develop & implement methodologies to assist Product Quality Leaders in emerging issue detection, forecasting & predicting quality & uptime performance.
- Work with various data sources (warranty, logged vehicle, customer data, manufacturing data, high resolution truck data, etc.).
- Perform independently while also maintaining a network with colleagues in Europe, India & Brazil on various initiatives.
- Contribute to the development and execution of strategies pertaining to our quality organizations Analytics Plan.
You are a skilled Data Analyst with a passion for data driven decisions to solve important technical issues related to quality. You’re a team player with eagerness to try and develop through collaboration, co-operation, and sharing insights, solutions, and ideas. You use your creative thinking and problem-solving skills to contribute to identifying and solving complex quality challenges through the areas of data mining and optimization. To be the perfect match for this role, your critical competencies will include:
- Must have good energy, a positive attitude, and thrive in creative thinking.
- Real problem solver and confident to make data driven decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize critical tasks, as well as deliver on assignments within deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- 5-8+ years of related experience
- Experience with problem solving in a quality organization that is technical focused.
- Demonstrated experience with relevant technical tools such as: SQL, Python, R, Azure Analytics Cloud, Jupyter Notebook, Power BI and Apache Spark.
- Knowledge of unsupervised and supervised machine learning techniques. (Algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, or anomaly detection including but not limited to: K-means, Random Forest, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications (or willing to learn!):
Compensation & Benefits
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- Exposure to software development practices, including version control, unit testing, and code review.
- Process oriented individual with a continuous improvement mindset to drive DA product
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies.
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans.
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first.
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University.
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier.
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here.