- Identify strengths/weaknesses of product & process;
- Identify product & process project risks;
- Contributing to the creation of the quality assurance plan (QAP) and quality tool plan (QTP);
- Applying the quality tools identified in the QAP and QTP;
- Reporting the results of the application of the quality tools;
- Taking corrective actions, if necessary.
The project quality engineer works on product & process projects, as an integrant of the GTO project team, and he/she is responsible to drive the application of the quality tools in the manufacturing plant.
The project quality engineer influences different manufacturing departments (Industrial Engineering, Quality Engineering, Production, etc.) when he/she creates cross-functional groups to apply the quality tools.
- Analyze available quality records and identify strengths/weaknesses of product & process;
- Validate the strengths/weaknesses with the plant management and report them to the GTO project team;
- Identify product & project risks related to the quality of the manufacturing process and communicate them to the GTO project team;
- Contribute to the creation/maintenance of the quality assurance plan and quality tool plan by participating in the QAP and QTP meetings;
- Apply the quality tools identified in the QAP and QTP at the manufacturing plant, including planning, leading, executing, checking and acting;
- Report the results of the application of the quality tools to the GTO project team;
- Take preventive/corrective actions when necessary to ensure that the project will meet the requirements;
- Participate in the GTO project team meetings as the manufacturing quality representative when requested;
- Follow all project builds that are scheduled;
- Document all assembly related issues on project builds in PRIME tool
- Fulfill the product & process projects requirements for Project Quality engineer.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished trust in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Learning-On-The-Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; creative thinking outside the box in order to resolve problems; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
- Managing Diversity: Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes; hires variety and diversity without regard to class; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
- Self-Development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits
- Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect
- Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Associates Degree with 3 years' experience or 7 years' equivalent experience
- Other Requirements:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment and engineering principles as related to safety, quality and delivery. (Preferred)
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify