Volvo Group Operations Graduate Program
If you are up for the challenge of developing the next generation of production plants and want to be a part of the innovative world of Volvo Group, this is the graduate program for you!
During 15 intense and exciting months, the program will give you a holistic view of the Volvo Group’s global truck manufacturing organization. You will get to know our different brands and their plants and learn about our logistics organizations and activities. You will take a deep dive into some specific areas of our business such as manufacturing, health and safety, quality, and continuous improvements, while also learning about the end-to-end supply chain, aftermarket parts, and our remanufacturing operations.
In parallel, you will grow as a person, through individual and team development sessions. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will experience several “on-the-job” rotations and have the opportunity to work on real project assignments. In addition, you will join a number of learning modules where you get together with other program participants to take part in trainings and events designed to help you grow into your future career at the Volvo Group.
We know deciding where to work is a major life decision. At Volvo, we take managing our talent as seriously as we take managing our business. We encourage you to learn more about Volvo, our strong culture, core values, passion for making the world a better place around us, and our push for innovation towards the future. If you find that you share these same beliefs, we encourage you to discover the job opportunities that we have available for you!
As Warehousing and Logistics Engineer, you will be part of the global GTO organization responsible for working with the Volvo Production System team supporting the Distribution Centers in North America(NA) on their lean journey. You will rotate between all the roles associated with the Distribution Centers in NA to learn all the responsible functions and to assist in the most critical project need or activity. The specific functions include Service Center, Transport Flow Optimization, Demand and Inventory Planning, Quality, Commercial Packaging, Dealer Inventory Management and Regional Support Functions.
The exciting and fun thing about our job is that it can have such a big impact on the Distribution Centers results in many ways, both in terms of safety, productivity, quality, ergonomics, and cost.?
The purpose of the position is to advance the technology area of Data Science and AI and ML with the digitalization journey going on in our operation. You will be responsible for developing and implementing smart simple and secure solutions for the operation to achieve the world-class quality of our products and delivering operational excellence in industrial operation at the same time with a data-centric approach. You will be handling our operations data and serving the needs of businesses to create solutions for better decision-making. You will responsible for the development of algorithms to drive our industrial process through data and develop a more comprehensive solution to add value to the business.
You will also be developing the future manufacturing technologies concerning Volvo Group's journey in emerging technology. You will support the Manufacturing Engineering Technology development team to develop their roadmap and technology transformation.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between the supply chain optimization, transport flow optimization, dealer inventory management, and material management functions to support the regional distribution network on the future of supply chain and emerging technologies.
- Identify and pilot new developments and competencies within the Distribution Center network.
- Support in change management for new warehousing systems and contribute to the development of a strategy for inventory slotting and part flows.
- Highlight gaps that require process refinement and operational improvement by use of lean and data visualization techniques. Integrate lean thinking through findings and leading improvement projects with stakeholders.
- Support in designing logistics processes to maximize efficiency and reduce waste using continuous improvement principles.
- Execute these initiatives by gathering, organizing, and analyzing data using Logistics metrics, analysis tools, and key performance indicators.
- Focus on ensuring that operational processes are developed and secured with the overall goal of aligning with the global methods and taking ownership for safety, quality, delivery, and cost of the processes they are involved in.
- Provide leadership and guidance across departments in their area of knowledge and specialization connected to the warehousing process and ways of working. This includes driving the site’s capability to analyze results and evolve the systems currently being used.
- Foster a continuous improvement culture and mindset focused on waste elimination, employee engagement, and application of lean theory and methodology.
- Translate strategy into specific business initiatives, support execution, and develop tools to measure and evaluate data-driven hypotheses.
- Develop compelling presentations and effectively communicate findings on key trends, insights, and implications while aligning stakeholders against specific action plans.
Who are you?
We believe you are passionate about what you do and always aim to do your best. You are eager to learn and try new things and willing to color outside the lines and highlight a fresh perspective to those around you. You are a leader among peers and raise your voice with ideas or suggestions. Leadership comes naturally to you and you enjoy taking lead with a project or a group of people. You understand the value of diversity and inclusion in every aspect of life and how it enables a team’s success. You have an aspiration to want to be the best, to step out and be at the forefront. You recognize the importance of positive working relationships and excellent communication skills to reach the success level needed, believing that collaboration is the best way forward. You are strategic in how you use a combination of both your technical skills and your people skills to accomplish your goals. Within this role, you will use your knowledge from former internship or co-op experiences in manufacturing, warehousing logistics, distribution network and/or project management. Also, your mechanical, analytical, and technical skills or knowledge of principles in Lean Logistics and Manufacturing will enable you to fully impact our processes and if some of this is still new to you, you will learn it.
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or related discipline.
- No more than two years of previous working experience, prior to or after graduation.
- Growth mindset, flexible, positive attitude, energetic and self-motivated.
For specific questions about this position, please email VolvoNAOperationsGraduateProgram@volvo.com
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify