Expected Hours & Location
- This role will work for approximately 20 hours per week. The role will be located on-site in our Mountain View, CA location.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employee and vendor needs
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations
- Coordinate with property management and other property and office-related vendors to ensure a safe and well-maintained work environment, process related work orders, and ensure follow-up
- Manage the safety and security policies and procedures for the staff and the building.
- Help to create, set, and execute yearly budgeting, and manage to that budget as allocated to facility and administration costs
- Assist in the coordination, planning, and execution of events hosted at the Hub
- Order, organize, and inventory office supplies, snack foods, and oversee kitchen stocking
- Research, propose, and implement green office initiatives to reduce waste and support environmental sustainability
- Nurture company culture by coordinating company sponsored group activities, in-office perks, employee appreciation events, holiday parties, and team meetings
- Has a “can do” attitude and can think outside the box when problems arise
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure Volvo Group is a good citizen in the mobility space, and creates a positive net impact
- A passion for building communities, making workplaces operate seamlessly, and delivering an amazing customer service experience to employees.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and extremely high standards of quality
- Proactive team player, self-starter, and leader with proven ability to multitask and prioritize. Must be willing to collaborate with others.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective verbal, written communication skills and relationship building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration is a plus, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- 3+ years of prior administrative experience with increasing responsibilities
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process.
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
We Participate in E-verify