Are you interested in working with the complete vehicle in a wide range of different projects? Do you have a passion for customer success and product performance?
If you answered yes, then this may be a perfect position for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Complete Vehicle is a global organization that utilizes customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive verification and validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure customer satisfaction. Our teams are in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services like driver assistance and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues.
As Lead Engineer for Connected Services you will define, verify, tune, and validate the feature performance according to the project specifications. You will work with end-to-end functions such as Passive Entry Passive Start, Driver Coaching, Remote Diagnostics, Remote SW Download, Geofencing and much more.
The trucking industry is now moving into the digitalization era with many new and existing opportunities introducing new technologies and new way of doing things. Your main goal is to reach, sustain and strengthen a leading position on heavy duty trucks in North America
You will be responsible for:
• Translating the customer needs into measurable requirements for the feature and distribute them into technical requirements to engineering teams.
• Estimating risks for feature deliveries and, needs for verification actions and tests support (virtual testing, mules, prototypes), including ensuring adequate budget and resources.
• Setting up verification and validation plans for the feature and reporting on their progress during feature reviews.
• Conducting an objective evaluation of the feature and delivering feature status reports prior to the gates' opening, including approvals or proposals and requests for modifications.
• Developing testing methods for current and future technologies, in tune with how customers use our products. Develop in-depth knowledge of customer application and how it affects your area of responsibility.
What We Are Looking For
• Master of Science degree in Engineering
• 12+ years of engineering experience in heavy duty truck, automotive, or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with development of Embedded Software/Embedded systems/functions
• Experience in providing solutions for automation of verification activities in software or component level within automotive domain
• Knowledge of CAN (e.g. J1939, ISO) protocols and Canalyzer, CANoe, AUTOSAR
• Experience with requirement setting of components and systems.
• Experience in using quality tools e.g. FMEA to identify different failure modes and mitigation actions.
• Engineer who currently holds CDL, or desire to hold CDL, required
• Competitive base salary
• Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
• 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
• Strong vacation benefits
• Volvo Group University for professional development
• Workplace Health and Wellness program
• Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify