This is a remote position and will require travel to Washington DC, Los Angeles, CA and Greensboro, NC.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Identify and help develop longer term public funding and business development opportunities for NA brands outside of traditional business channels.
- Monitor utility proceedings and advocate for programs and policies that support fleet adoption of zero emission vehicles and equipment.
- Identify Group product related needs to inform policy advocacy at federal and state levels.
- Serve as Government relations liaison with dealerships and regional sales teams for public funded programs and incentives.
- Support publicly funded R&D project teams as needed to ensure internal alignment, fulfillment of project obligations and identification of opportunities to highlight project results.
- Help recruit key stakeholder support for/participation in public funding proposals.
- Help brands assess value of participation in non-commercial conferences to raise industry leadership visibility and non-traditional sales opportunities.
- Serve as Government relations lead on public incentive opportunities to build synergies across the group with in-house or outsourced solution.
- Help educate policymakers, particularly at the state level, on the electrification transformation challenges facing our customers and society.
You will have the following qualifications:
- 5-10 years’ experience working with the trucking/automotive industries with some corporate experience preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience working for an electric utility or in other government relations related positions that involve working with public utilities, regulatory proceedings, electrification or renewable energy.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s or other advanced degree in business administration, public policy or engineering field strongly preferred.
- Experience working in the government affairs sphere with multiple stakeholders, including public, private and non-profit entities.
- Federal and state government policymaking experience preferred.
To be the perfect match for this role, your critical competencies will include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Assertive and dynamic individual who is proactive in communicating and able to develop effective relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Strong planning, coordination and communication skills are essential. Knowledge of state Government relations a plus.
- The ability to build and energize teams in addition to a demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and creatively.
- High energy self-starter who can work independently with minimum supervision. A can-do, assertive style that can lead and recruit others in pursuit of common goals.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with all levels of the organization through the use of tact, diplomacy and discretion.
As a successful Zero Emission Technology Program Director you will:
- Lead with passion
- Perform with purpose
- Transform with vision
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to make us a stronger and better organization. The motivation and passion to support our customers set us apart from others that want to be like us. Our company culture is how we interact with each other, with our customers and society as a whole. It is the foundation on which everything else is built. We embrace new ideas and constantly challenge the status quo – innovation is driven by a willingness to change to stay ahead and find smart ways to create new solutions.
We Participate in E-verify