Who we are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Volvo Autonomous Solutions (VAS) is a new entity within the Volvo Group with the mission to offer transport and material handling solutions never seen before. Currently there are about 200 people within VAS. The majority of the team is located in Gothenburg Sweden, with a mixture of technical and commercial expertise. The Greensboro based technical team is beginning a growth period needed to allow us to support our US objectives. We are also leveraging the expertise of a select few world class external technology partnerships, to accelerate the work towards successful product developments. Together we will continue to form a team that is stronger than the sum of its parts and is ready to tackle the big challenges we have ahead of us. The Hub to Hub highway segment is one of Volvo Autonomous Solutions top prioritized segments. The current mission of the US based team is to lead the development of the newest automated truck solutions for this Hub to Hub application. This role will play a fundamental part in the future growth of our team and our ability to meet the challenges of the North American Hub to Hub market segment.
Our offer to you
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What you will be doing
As Senior Systems Verification Engineer within the Volvo Autonomous Solutions team, you will be a key leader involved with the activities related to the verification of our Hub to Hub autonomous vehicle projects. You will work in a global, cross functional, cross organizational team within Volvo and will have active involvement with world class technology partners, all with the objective to develop and deliver the Volvo Hub to Hub Autonomous Driving Truck.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with local and global Verification & Validation (V&V) teams to verify the proper system functionality of the automation enabled truck
- Working closely with a global team of development engineers to clearly understand the required functionalities and capabilities of the vehicle systems within the automation enabled truck
- Playing a critical role in delivering systems in accordance to the defined methods and expected inputs and outputs
- Working in situations where product and procedures are outlines, however, the work requires ability to perform analysis and draw conclusions from delivered test results.
- Analyzing test results and resolve or provide potential solutions to test results
- Securing quality and readiness before product release
What we- are looking for
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5-8+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience in electronic system verification, preferably within automotive.
- Thorough knowledge of heavy duty truck electronic systems and their functionalities, including typical vehicle communications network technologies and tools
- Good knowledge of electronics and functionalities within vehicle automation systems
- Structured approach to quick and efficient problem investigation and resolution
- Proven work organization skills
- Customer oriented and want to be in daily contact with our product.
- Must be able to travel up to ~25% of the time to support system verification activities at remote test facilities
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Autonomous Solutions constitute a new business area as of January 1, 2020, entering new and exciting territories for Volvo Group. We accelerate the development, commercialization and sales of autonomous transport solutions, focusing on defined segments for the on- and off-road space. The combination of strong tech expertise and skilled customer solutions creates innovative transport offers never seen before. We are constantly pushing our own skills and ability to drive change in a traditional industry to meet a growing customer demand. We are now looking for innovative, committed individuals to join us in our endeavor to create customer solutions that enhance safety, flexibility and productivity.
We Participate in E-verify