GTT (Group Truck Technology), Chassis Bangalore team is looking for an energetic and skilled aspirant to work in the electrical system and components as SENIOR ENGINEER. If you are looking for a diversified experience by working across different cultures and various global products and be part of the latest trends and technology with great challenges and opportunities in supporting local and global sites, THIS is the right opportunity for you. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers.
THIS IS the US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The group consists of passionate and enthusiastic engineers responsible for conceptualizing, designing, developing and delivering the projects in the brake system and installation area. Our objective as Brake System and Vehicle Control team at Volvo is to develop and deliver a robust solution ensuring the right quality, which meets the demands and satisfies the customer requirements. CUSTOMER SUCCESS IS OUR CORE VALUE. We want to make a difference by being there for our customers and by providing uptime and reliable products. All over the world. Every day.
Being part of Brake System and Vehicle Control gives an enriched working experience and exposure to the latest trends and technology.
You'll have a chance to get hands-on experience with Volvo Group brand products such as VOLVO, Renault, MACK, and UD. This is your chance to join one of the Top Employer companies in India and embrace new career challenges within the automotive industry
This position will report to the Group Manager for Brake System and Vehicle Control in Chassis Engineering Bangalore.
- Lead, drive and execute electrical harness and components installation activities.
- Have operational responsibility for a component, system and sub-module delivery
- Periodic interaction with cross functional teams and address their requirements on time.
- Drive the development from research/early phases of development to product maintenance
- Front-load work to ensure robust early-stage releases and stable late-stage releases
- Ensure new designs fulfil business targets, requirements and Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Feature targets
- Have on a holistic view on deliverables from other interfaces to secure quality & readiness before release.
- Manage area of responsibility by learning and applying applicable tools
- Manage networking across the organization, as well as influencing the work in other sites
- Create or update CAD Models, Part Drawings, and Installation Drawings with CREO-Parametric
- Document design change notices and structural components in the PDM system
- Develop modular systems and components to optimize part diversity
- Ensure component durability by requesting analysis and/or physical verification
- Integrate deliveries from others and secure quality readiness before release
- Develop and share acquired competence (e.g. training) and provide technical advice
- Contributes to innovations or technologies that are regarded as important advances in the field.
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Multicultural mindset and global approach
- Ability to work with different cultures on a wide range of vehicle products
- Management of global suppliers
- BE/ BTech / M.Tech / MS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, TRAINING
- 8+ years of product development experience in the automotive industry, preferably in trucks development
- Minimum 5 Years of working experience in installation area of electrical related components is a must
- Project management experience / Agile working experience is a merit
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of complete Braking Systems and Pneumatics is highly preferred
- Knowledge of electrical components, terminologies is preferred
- Strong in engineering fundamentals
- Good knowledge in sheet-metal, welding & corrosion protection of components
- Knowledge of DFMEA/SFMEA and other quality tools
- Hands-on experience in CREO tool
- Knowledge of product development cycle (DVP).
- Knowledge of mechatronics system is a merit
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Professional challenges and increasing business knowledge
- Defined career path
- Good atmosphere in a professional, developing team working with passion
We work together with energy, passion, and respect for the individual!.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.