Parts Delivery Driver - Ely
Standard working hours are 08.30-16.30 (may need some flexibility)
37.5hrs paid half an hour break per day 40 hour working week
OT opportunities available paid at 1.25% of standard rate
Monday to Friday 0830hrs to 1630hrs (some flexibility required)
Provide timely delivery and collection of parts to and from customer premises.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
· Comply with Health & Safety, Environmental, Disciplinary and any other polices or procedures issued by the company.
· Organise the route, loading and delivery of parts to meet customer requirements.
· Collect exchange and unwanted parts as and when requested.
· Accurate recording of proof of delivery and completion of return notes.
· Ensure company vehicles are clean, tidy and legally maintained in line with Volvo Dealer operating standards and Volvo’s own image.
· Actively observe and report on customer activity to the parts team through building good customer relationships.
· Drive safely, courteously and within legal limits at all times.
· Assist in general parts operations as requested.
· Be civil and responsible in all aspects of working activities.
· Any other duties deemed necessary by management.
- To feedback all information about competitors to Parts Supervisor.
- To be pro-active in a selling role.
- To work with Parts Supervisor to achieve their maximum competency level.
- Checking and delivering the parts required for customers on the daily van route.
- Ensuring that all goods received are checked and binned accurately.
- Ensuring the accuracy of perpetual inventory stock counts.
- Documenting and supervising the condition of parts returned for credit including old unit cores and reporting damaged or unsuitable items to the Parts Supervisor.
- Ensuring procedures are properly carried out for the ordering of goods and receipt.
- Ensuring that credits are properly and accurately raised for goods returned.
- Ensuring that all parts and old units returned are labelled and packed properly and all relevant paperwork correctly completed.
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping within the Parts department.
- Special projects as required.
SKILLS / APTITUDES
- Possess a current driving licence with a maximum of 6 penalty points.
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally.
- Competent in Sales Technique.
- To be able to competently use GDS and associated software & systems.
VALUES / ATTITUDES
- To be at all times a team player.
- To have a flexible approach to work commitments at all times.
- To be open and honest at all times.
- To be dedicated to helping customers.
- To possess the highest standards of integrity.
- To be at all times supportive of colleagues particularly within the Dealer Volvo Truck and Bus Centre
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and may be subject to change or additions as the job role progresses.
Along with a number of workplace benefits including;
Support for you and your family through an online Wellbeing centre
Healthcash plan (1st March), Access to dental insurance
Pension – company matched contribution up to 5% - life assurance attached to pension – 3 times salary
Monthly recognition awards
Cycle to work scheme
Colleague discounts portal including retail, cinema, travel, along with Mobile and IT discounts
Career Development opportunities, along with training plans managed through our inhouse Technical training team