Reports To: Senior Manufacturing Engineer – T&E
The Volvo Trucks North America New River Valley Plant, located adjacent to the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, is undergoing major industrial changes to continue to adapt to new truck launches and increasing technology. The NRV Plant is the largest plant globally within the Volvo Group and is home to 100% of the production for all Volvo trucks produced for the North American market.
With 2 million square feet under roof, on a site of over 550 acres the New River Valley Plant is poised to continue it’s growth with new product and industrial projects.
The team is looking for a Tooling & Equipment Technician to support our global platform pilot plant with design, fabrication support and implementation of specialized tools and equipment.
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to make us a stronger and better organization. As a global company, international collaboration is a daily activity. We pride ourselves in sharing techniques globally, but also promote implementing employee driven ideas from site to site.
If you are ready for meaningful challenges, driving industrial change, have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction, and are eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply for the Tooling & Equipment Technician position. At Volvo Trucks New River Valley, we are excited for the opportunities ahead and invite tallented individuals like yourself to join us on this journey.
You will be a part of the development, selection and implementation of new tools and equipment. Perform engineering design work, produce fabrication drawings, support validation and installation and continuous improvement for modern and advanced tooling and equipment. Attention to detail will be critical, as well as an assembly mindset. Be a part of a virtual manufacturing revolution by continuing the digitalization journey within our factory. Carry out any other necessary delegated tasks for the wellbeing of the plant.
- Work closely with project teams to understand and support tooling and equipment needs
- Implement tooling and equipment changes with a zero-disturbance mind-set
- Produce critical designs and drawings at a high level of accuracy
- Support the digitalization journey as a key stakeholder
- Within your area of expertise, participate in continuous improvement activities to support key initiatives
- Educate production support personnel with equipment training
- Provide local input/ideas to technology roadmap based on local needs, and support the development and implementation in the local plant
- Support all initiatives in a pilot plant environment to successfully implement world class tooling and lean assembly processes
- Identify manufacturing requirements related to tooling in the early phase and ensure they are included in the scope of a project
- Produce design concepts throughout the development of a tooling and equipment project and ensure that manufacturing requirements are met
- Establish and maintain the optimum tooling and equipment standards and best practices within competency area
- Promote manufacturing safety, ergonomics, and efficiency through implementation and design of tooling and equipment
- Develop cost saving proposals and improve productivity
- Displays professional behaviour, positive attitude, and right mind set at all times
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Some knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, product, production standards and efficiency optimization tools; process oriented
- Proven ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue, developing a feasible action plan, and following it through to successful completion
- Project management skills
- Experience in a team-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in digital software platforms, CAD software, virtual simulation systems and the ability to quickly learn other hardware/software as needed
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Design / Engineering Field
- 4 Years of Tooling & Equipment Design Experience
- CAD design experience in an industrial setting
- Proven experience in taking initiative, driving improvements, taking additional responsibilities, thinking outside the box, going to the extra mile.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.