Duration and Expected Hours:
- The summer internship period runs from June through August, exact dates are flexible based on your school-year calendar.
- This internship will be located on-site in Mountain View, CA. The intern will work a hybrid schedule of working in office and remote days.
- Use design thinking methodology to create insight, define opportunity area, and ideate solutions
- Utilizing user-centric product research and design, create a product-as-a-service that solves real-world problems for real-world Volvo customers
- Ability to look at the potential use-case and value creation of ideas, do market research and analysis, and evaluate industry trends
- Document the learning journey and report the progress
- We are looking for a student with a “maker” personality, who is familiar with the Design Thinking process and innovation. We expect these internship students to be self-motivated, curious and brave. We are exploring new possibilities in a highly uncertain area where requirement specifications and well-defined processes are often unavailable.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ambitions
- Product design and strategy with a user-centric approach
- Business analysis including market research, use case and value add
- Understanding of Design Thinking
- Desire to learn and be part of a cross-functional team
- Strong initiative-taking and follow-through skills, strong ownership and sense of responsibility
- Ability to work effectively in a highly creative environment
- Good documentation and presentation skills
- Motivation to solve real-world problems
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree related to User Design at an accredited school. Master's degree is preferred.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Summer Interns work up to 40 hours per week
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.