Mission and Purpose of the Position
- As a member of the RDC Management Team, drive continual improvement activities to meet desired organizational performance targets
- Champion and support the development of the continuous improvement (LEAN) culture in the organization
- Model behavior of an inspirational leader to engage and motivate teams
- Implement change through standardized work processes while using the 4-step training approach
- Use robust problem-solving methods to determine root causes for deviations and work to solutions
- Perform Inbound FLM, Operational Support FLM, and Site Manager functions as needed
- Manage all outbound, clerical, and administrative functions for the RDC ensuring customer orders are shipped correctly and on time
- Leads a group of 3 team leads, 2 clericals, and up to 30 industrial workers
- Accountable for the outbound team performance, ensuring all KPIs are tracked consistently and accurately
- Responsible for the safety, performance, and development of all team members
- Build team leads’ competencies through their learning journeys of lean and operations
- Responsible for all tools, supplies, and processes that keep team meeting and exceeding their KPIs
- Responsible for the culture and moral of the teams and the desire for continual improvement
- Desire for zero defect and ability to motivate that desire in others
- Build strong network with corporate resources internally and externally that can support achieving site objectives
- Work with colleagues, managers and main stakeholders to develop action plans for short- and long-term sustainability of the RDC
- Take the lead to provide analytical support to the RDC team to support root cause analysis on defined issues leveraging corporate resources as needed
- Coordinate and ensure compliance of (OD/VPS, ISO9001, and ISO4001) programs and communicate information to team
- Learn and master Volvo warehouse management systems
- Support all project activities as directed by the RDC Site Manager
- Support overall timekeeping and attendance tracking, ensuring SAP and other systems are kept updated
- Assist with attracting, hiring, and developing talent for new as well for existing employees
- Support a strong problem-solving culture with everyone all-in
- Promotes the Volvo Group values and culture
- 5 years of experience in distribution/manufacturing or logistics
- Or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with proven leadership experience
- 2 or more years of management/supervisory experience preferred
- Proven skills in developing people; coaching and shaping a high-performing team
- Strong leadership skills using an inclusive style of coaching
- Significant change management experience with the ability to set demanding targets; and then motivate teams and individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones
- Strong Knowledge in Lean Principles through formal training preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Customer focused: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Standing alone: Will stand up and be counted; doesn't shrink personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment. Have strong personal credibility, integrity and creativity.
- Peer relationship: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing; especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both success and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Self-development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different approaches; works to develop strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.