The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The biggest technology shift in decade within public transportation has started and Volvo Group wants to stay in the forefront together with our customers. In a changing world with new customer requirements status quo is not an option. The wind of change is everywhere and new solutions and technologies are what we are working and focusing on.
We have a culture of high performance created through employee engagement and we value Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change and Performance.
The European CAB Purchasing team is part of the Volvo Group Truck Purchasing Organization. This Buyer position is in the CAB Plastics team and our mission is to select and develop a global or a regional supplier base to create synergies and to achieve sustainable competitive advantages within the Cab Plastics segments. We challenge our suppliers to improve the value chain on costs, quality, and delivery performance for all production parts to be used on our trucks.
Volvo Group and Group Trucks Purchasing aims to be the most admired employer in our industry by attracting and retaining the best people in order to create and build a world-class purchasing team.
WHAT IS THE JOB ?
As a Project & Commodity Buyer, you will be accountable for the projects deliveries of strategic and ambitious product evolutions of the cab plastics area. You will as well be accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on your segments. You will be responsible to make sure that the plastics segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers. and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for Revenue segments.
QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
- Contribute to segment business plan thanks to collaboration with the Segment Leader & be an active member in the global Project & Commodity network
- lead the supplier selection process in Projects and secure that supplier selection complies to the Project Targets/Budget (Sourcing deadline, tooling/SIPD cost,…)
- Drive negotiations to ensure an optimal cost level for areas of responsibility and carry out contract negotiations and management to defined project timelines and approved sourcing strategies
- Secure cost performance in projects. Challenge, Negotiate and Report changes (concept selection, product modifications,…) before and after contract signature and ensure fulfillment of project targets. Keep close collaboration with Cost engineer and Product Cost Controller
- Manage parts and orders in project phase and ensure a timely part transfer in the system to the Commodity Buyer
- Ensure deliverables from suppliers and internal stakeholders in order to fulfill quality plan activities performed in cooperation with quality engineer
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates (Parma codes, EDI connection etc.)
- Manage project performance reviews with suppliers and stakeholders and provide input to the Commodity Buyer
- Monitor market and technology developments in respective commodity and address changes through the strategies
- Collaborate with global counterparts and internal stakeholders in order to get the best possible results for Volvo in terms of Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, Risk management
- Drive negotiation in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements) by using your owns skills and Purchasing tool box
- Use Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
As a person we believe that you have a business oriented mindset with both a financial and technical understanding. You enjoy the challenge of having contact with experienced and skilled suppliers and you also possess strong communication and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy driving your own work and taking initiatives, with a team player attitude.
- University degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in engineering or business
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Multicultural experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Creative and solution-oriented mindset
- Positive mindset and team player
- Business Acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Learning on the fly
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with counterparts
- Analytical skills
- Willingness to learn from others and share best practices
Volvo Group takes first place in Happy at Work ranking 2019 in the category of companies with more than 5,000 employees. We also received the "the Great Place to Work" label awarded to the best companies where the employee experience is based on trust in relationships and equality for all. So don't hesitate any longer, apply now!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.