Are you interested in engine technology and / or exhaust aftertreatment technology? Do you value having fun at work while also having a passion for working with a team to solve complex problems? Does working on a global scale providing innovative solutions for the future of transportation excite you?
If so, you may be the perfect fit a Senior Exhaust Aftertreatment Engineer at Volvo!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our team is part of the Combustion and after-treatment technology group. We provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution of complete products, for all Volvo group customers. This includes calibration of engine performance and emissions control systems to comply with EPA and CARB regulations. We also develop on board diagnostic (OBD) algorithms of powertrain systems and hardware Development.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
As a Senior Engineer in the Exhaust Aftertreatment team your goal will be to produce aftertreatment systems which are emissions compliant while offering minimal mission interruptions and maximum product value to our customers. This position will allow you to spend time in engine test cells, chassis dynamometer and on-road vehicle testing.
A few examples of typical responsibilities in our group include:
- Operating world-class heavy-duty engine dynamometer test cells. Being responsible for efficiently and accurately executing test procedures while concurrently reviewing testing results to ensure reliability of data
- Analyzing data from the trucks in the field to assist in all aspects of product development, from setting advanced engineering goals to helping resolve customer product quality issues
- Driving software evolutions with our software engineers for improved performance, reliability, and on-board diagnostic
- Calibrating engine control parameters related to Exhaust Aftertreatment system
- Directing, developing, and evaluating plans for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out with Volvo colleagues and external suppliers across the globe
- Analyzing component parts and assemblies to understand the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and to implement cost effective solutions as required
- Taking responsibility on type of testing, arranging for and conducting tests and interpreting results. Performing calculations using the latest analytical methods in support of test and design. Issuing written and oral reports
- Releasing upgrades and evolutions of the Exhaust Aftertreatment system hardware
- Supporting diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), diesel particulate filter (DPF), selective catalytic reduction (SCR) ammonia slip catalyst (ASC), and other related technologies
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5-8+ years of experience in engineering, specifically in engine development or exhaust aftertreatment development
- Heavy or medium duty diesel engine development experience is a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Action oriented engineer with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Motivated problem solver who develops quality solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to successfully collaborate with global and cross-functional colleagues
- Innovative mindset with customer focus
Teamwork: Building cooperation among departments, based on integrity and trust, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
Ownership / Accountability: Cooperation with others in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results
Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrating broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent technical, business, and professional fields
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.