With Volvo Financial Services you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals to provide expert financial services and solutions to customers and dealers in support of the Volvo Group’s sales. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Digital Solutions and IT is the engine of the VFS business and we continue on our strategic journey to further improve performance and to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. In this exciting environment, we are focused on Digital Innovation to meet the demands of an increasingly digitalized world. Furthermore we develop Global Platforms to enable Financial Services expansion. We explore Data Opportunities and engage Cyber security. Our 3 Global Solutions and Services teams, each focusing on a different region, take care of world class execution in the markets encompassing Demand and Projects management.
We are now looking for a Solution Architect
As a leading captive finance company with its two feet in the digitization world, VFS is eager to onboard open, data-minded, business and tech-savvy personalities, that share our passion to provide best-in-class platforms, products and solutions for our customers.
The Solution Architect has the responsibility to drive the development of the solution architecture for projects. He / She is responsible to secure the overall quality in IT projects by guiding the design according to proven principles and facilitating intentional, fact-based decisions. Effectively communicating how the technical design supports business goals is a core component of your responsibility.
AS A SOLUTION ARCHITECT YOU:
- Secure the overall architectural quality in the IT investment
- Make fact-based architecture decisions assuring maximal business value with minimal effort, while keeping the total cost of ownership as low as possible
- Proactively identify architectural issues and concerns and define pragmatic and appropriate solutions
- Lead and coordinate the overall architectural work within projects, covering all included solutions
- Deliver appropriate artefacts to clearly communicate business, information, application, integration and technology architectures typically in the context of projects
- Raise architectural issues and concerns
- Ensure that the solution design is in line with the VFS target architecture and architectural principles
- Support Enterprise Architects with defining the VFS target architecture
- Strive for understanding the busines and business capabilities
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Recognized university level degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of experience as solution architect
- At least 5 years of experience as software architect / lead developer
- Experience running several solution architectures projects
- Experience leading projects through architectural decisions and implementations
- Experience in designing api/event/microservice architecture in a cloud-based environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry, specifically loan/lease agreements, payment processing and financial regulations is a plus
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
Leader profile with the skills required to be a role model for the IT-solution development team in balancing business requirements and architectural decisions
- Ability to present architectural decisions to technical and non-technical audiences
- Goal-oriented, positive attitude to deliver against targets
- Strong problem solving & analysis skills: identifying, structuring and tackling a problem situation
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good communication skills, fluent in English (oral and written)
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience with Agile practices and “can do” mindset
- Good understanding of design patterns and principles
- Solid architectural foundation, including methodologies and technologies (API’s, Cloud, design patterns)
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.