team at their Distribution Centre in Minto. The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that all operational
activities within the Warehouse are carried out in a cost-conscious, efficient and productive manner in order to
achieve the required performance targets, quality targets and customer satisfaction.
This role will see you fostering and leading a strong collaborative team by effectively and proactively communicating with all team members, team leaders and management whilst ensuring the Volvo code of conduct along with Volvo’s core values of Quality, Safety and Environment are understood and represented.
About the Role:
- Coordinate and participate in all processes in the most efficient and effective manner
- Lead & assist in training of team members
- Promote teamwork principles within team
- Allocate work effectively and efficiently within the team
- Promote and develop a customer orientated focus within the team
- Monitor and strive to achieve individual and team KPI’s
- Set clear goals and expectations in line with organisational strategy
- Support other team leaders and warehouse sections
- Lead 5S culture and overall warehouse organisation and cleanliness
- Apply lean principles and enforce team adherence to maintaining principles application in all their tasks
- Ensure compliance with VGA’s Environmental Policy, ISO9000 standards, and Workplace Health and Safety requirements. Take all reasonable steps and precautions to protect our workplace, employees, and our environment
- High School Certificate (preferred)
- Certificate III/IV in Warehousing or equivalent leadership certificate (preferred)
- Ability to lead and motivate team members and other warehouse staff
- Operate available materials handling equipment as per applicable JSPs and HSE requirements
- Experience in managing teams of people, planning work and scheduling resources as required
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
- Experience implementing process improvement initiatives
- Good knowledge of VPS Principles related to material flow
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Demonstrated health, safety and environmental focus
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.