Are You Looking for a Rewarding Experience? You Should Consider Joining Us this Summer!
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a teamwork! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic, and highly skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. Volvo Penta has won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Who is Volvo Penta?
Simply put, Volvo Penta has been around for more than 100 years and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers.
Where We Live…
”Hampton Roads” is an eclectic mix of coastal, urban, rural and historic communities that includes the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, and Newport News. Our test center marina is located on the water in Suffolk. We have beautiful beaches and state parks, and family-friendly attractions with Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and North Carolina’s Outer Banks within easy driving distance. The area is host to diverse dining and shopping experiences to suit anyone’s tastes. There are so many exciting things to do here in the area that we highly recommend you come and see it for yourself!
A Little Bit About Our Team...
The aftermarket segment mission is to create long-term business relationships with customers resulting in repeat business and new business from referrals due to superior customer satisfaction. Our successful Parts & Accessories Operations here in Volvo Penta Region Americas supports the engine segment aftermarket demands to achieve the company’s overall vision and strategic objectives through the management and sales of all parts through our network of dealers, distributors, power centers, and boat builders.
We are now looking for an Intern: Parts Technical Support, to join us here in Chesapeake, Virginia from May 23, 2022 to August 12, 2022 to help us ensure our objectives are met for our year-end goals! This internship role will provide you with an opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment.
What is the Job?
As an Intern: Parts Technical Support, you will be responsible for providing support to the Parts Business Development Department.
Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Daily communication with authorized marine and industrial dealers, OEMs and internal Volvo departments concerning parts and accessories selection application and use. You will also be providing information on parts department policy and procedures along with understanding the root cause and relaying the information accurately to the parts technical support specialists.
- Monitoring the parts technical support group mailbox and responding to all correspondence and internal requests relative to parts and accessories, including requests for parts technical information.
- Research technical drawings and documentation, as required.
- Assist and train dealers and OEMs on the use of the Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) and Volvo Penta Partner Network (VPPN) features. Provide information on parts department policy and procedures.
- Logging and communicating Quality Control issues to the warehouse and other departments as needed.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management to support Volvo Penta goals and objectives.
Most of all, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues as well as experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally.
Are you an analytical and technically-oriented self-starter looking for a challenging opportunity?
To be successful in this role, you will need to be both a strong team player and proactive self-starter who likes to take initiative. Having knowledge regarding basic logistics/distribution, and being able to handle multiple tasks and troubleshoot problems is a major plus. In addition, you must be organized and have acute attention to detail.
Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook is required as is experience with using and running several database programs. Knowing how to use basic office equipment—phone, copier, fax, etc.—is necessary.
Excellent communication skills—both written and oral—is needed in order to successfully communicate with both external and internal customers.
Education & Experience Must Haves:
- This position requires that the candidate is doing the following:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree—Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanism, Automotive or Science—at an accredited school and must have completed at minimum at least 30 semester hours of coursework prior to the start of the internship. A technical degree is preferred.
- Maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher is required in order to qualify for this position.
- When applying to this position, please keep in mind that you must be a current student who is scheduled to graduate after May 2022.
- Technical background relative to marine and industrial engines, and parts/parts catalogue experience preferred.
Other Must Haves:
- Must be able to start the internship on May 23, 2022.
- You must provide your own reliable transportation to work.
Are you ready to join a team? We offer…
- Competitive, hourly compensation
- Various employee discounts
- A chance to show us what you got!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become an Intern: Parts Technical Support, with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.